A8N-SLi Deluxe and 2 PNY 6600GT SLi video cards

Last response: in Motherboards
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
July 3, 2005 5:41:32 PM

I am trying to install 2 x PNY Nvidia 6600 GT SLi video cards into my Asus
A8N-SLi Deluxe motherboard, however I can't get the nvidia software to give
me any SLi options under windows as decribed in the manual for the
motherboard. My OS is Windows XP SP2 fully up to date through windows
update.

I have down loaded the lastest Nvidia Video card drivers (version 77.72) and
the latest drivers for the nForce4 chipset (6.53).

Similar to another user on here my original motherboard BIOS version was
1006. When I went into the BIOS to check any possible settings it didn't
have the "SLI Mode" option in the Advanced menu, however it had an "SLI
Configuration" sub-menu inbetween "Onboard Device Configuration" and
"JumperFree Configuration". The only option that was available under the
"SLI Configuration" sub-menu was "EZ-Plug Warning" (enabled or disabled).

I updated my BIOS to 1011 and it still doesn't have the "SLI Mode" option
though now there is 2 more options under "SLI Configuration" along with the
"EZ-Plug Warning" (enabled or disabled).
- SLI Broadcast Aperture (auto or disabled)
- AI-Selector (auto, single video card or dual video card)

I have tried all these options apart form 'single video card', I have
changed the position of the video card selector to dual (the thing in
between the 2 PCIe slots) get no SLi options in windows.

The Windows does recognise 2 6600 GT video cards

According to tech sites I have browsed over the weekend I should get 'greyed
out' SLi optins in when there is only 1 card present I don't get this
either..

As I have updated the drivers ond the MB bios I am now struggling to see
what to try next....
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
July 3, 2005 11:24:14 PM

Mark Smith wrote:
> I am trying to install 2 x PNY Nvidia 6600 GT SLi video cards into my Asus
> A8N-SLi Deluxe motherboard, however I can't get the nvidia software to give
> me any SLi options under windows as decribed in the manual for the
> motherboard. My OS is Windows XP SP2 fully up to date through windows
> update.
>
> I have down loaded the lastest Nvidia Video card drivers (version 77.72) and
> the latest drivers for the nForce4 chipset (6.53).
>
> Similar to another user on here my original motherboard BIOS version was
> 1006. When I went into the BIOS to check any possible settings it didn't
> have the "SLI Mode" option in the Advanced menu, however it had an "SLI
> Configuration" sub-menu inbetween "Onboard Device Configuration" and
> "JumperFree Configuration". The only option that was available under the
> "SLI Configuration" sub-menu was "EZ-Plug Warning" (enabled or disabled).
>
> I updated my BIOS to 1011 and it still doesn't have the "SLI Mode" option
> though now there is 2 more options under "SLI Configuration" along with the
> "EZ-Plug Warning" (enabled or disabled).
> - SLI Broadcast Aperture (auto or disabled)
> - AI-Selector (auto, single video card or dual video card)
>
> I have tried all these options apart form 'single video card', I have
> changed the position of the video card selector to dual (the thing in
> between the 2 PCIe slots) get no SLi options in windows.
>
> The Windows does recognise 2 6600 GT video cards
>
> According to tech sites I have browsed over the weekend I should get 'greyed
> out' SLi optins in when there is only 1 card present I don't get this
> either..
>
> As I have updated the drivers ond the MB bios I am now struggling to see
> what to try next....

I assume the SLI bridge is connected?

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
a b U Graphics card

Yes everytinhg is connected as it should be, power to the EZ plug, the card
creating a bridge across the video cards etc... instructions in MB manual
followed for connecting the hardware to the letter..

"Robert Hancock">

!