Shutdown problem with 9.02 Multimedia control panel

Since I upgraded my ATI software to the newest version the computer will not
restart easily.

I must press "end now" several times to disconnect hanging ati programs
before the puter will shutdown/restart.
Anyone else having this problem?

Try uninstalling the software, then install it again. This usually
fixes most problems I ever have with ATI software.

I have not seen this as I don't use the MultiMedia Control panel, only
the drivers and their new Catalyst Control Center :)

----
Nathan McNulty

"ldone" <ldone@aol.com> wrote in message
> Since I upgraded my ATI software to the newest version the computer will
not
> restart easily.
>
> I must press "end now" several times to disconnect hanging ati programs
> before the puter will shutdown/restart.
> Anyone else having this problem?

Apparently, this is ATI's first go with writing apps
using .NET code.

And they've not done too good a job...judging from the
HELP and WHAT THE HELL's in the ATI NG's
and forums.

The driver itself is unaffected, but Control Panel
and MMC are.

If you don't need or use them, uninstall them and leave
just the card driver.

I have yet to have a problem with the new Control Center on its own. I
have not used the MMC, so I can't speak for that part, but it does make
me wonder if these problems being seen are because of ATI's programming
or external factors.

----
Nathan McNulty

V Green wrote:
> "ldone" <ldone@aol.com> wrote in message
>
>>Since I upgraded my ATI software to the newest version the computer will
>
> not
>
>>restart easily.
>>
>>I must press "end now" several times to disconnect hanging ati programs
>>before the puter will shutdown/restart.
>>Anyone else having this problem?
>>

> Apparently, this is ATI's first go with writing apps
> using .NET code.
>
> And they've not done too good a job...judging from the
> HELP and WHAT THE HELL's in the ATI NG's
> and forums.
>
> The driver itself is unaffected, but Control Panel
> and MMC are.
>
> If you don't need or use them, uninstall them and leave
> just the card driver.

TRENDING THREADS