Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

First game and first attempt at cheats. After I press the ~ key the
console - "Halo" opens. I type in say, cheat_all_weapons or
cheat_infinite_ammo 1 and press the enter key. A message then appears
on the screen that informs me the "action can't be executed at this
time" I have just started the 2nd level after Pillar of Autumn. What
have I done wrong. I "customized" Halo by going Internet Multiplayer
and downloading the upgrade. I added _console _devmode to the
properties field.

a.brudvig@att.net wrote:
> First game and first attempt at cheats. After I press the ~ key the
> console - "Halo" opens. I type in say, cheat_all_weapons or
> cheat_infinite_ammo 1 and press the enter key. A message then
appears
> on the screen that informs me the "action can't be executed at this
> time" I have just started the 2nd level after Pillar of Autumn. What
> have I done wrong. I "customized" Halo by going Internet Multiplayer
> and downloading the upgrade. I added _console _devmode to the
> properties field.

I have tried exact same thing with same results. I don't think there
are cheats for halo or you need the Halo CE Edition. whatever that is.
Anyway I am nearly done with the game and it's amazing once you
finally get past a few of the earlier levels... vehicles and such
become a major part.

SamuelF566@AOL.COM wrote:
> a.brudvig@att.net wrote:
> > First game and first attempt at cheats. After I press the ~ key
the
> > console - "Halo" opens. I type in say, cheat_all_weapons or
> > cheat_infinite_ammo 1 and press the enter key. A message then
> appears
> > on the screen that informs me the "action can't be executed at this
> > time" I have just started the 2nd level after Pillar of Autumn.
What
> > have I done wrong. I "customized" Halo by going Internet
Multiplayer
> > and downloading the upgrade. I added _console _devmode to the
> > properties field.
>

> I have tried exact same thing with same results. I don't think there
> are cheats for halo or you need the Halo CE Edition. whatever that
is.
> Anyway I am nearly done with the game and it's amazing once you
> finally get past a few of the earlier levels... vehicles and such
> become a major part.

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Thanks, I now agree. It is interesting that Microsoft, Gearbox and
Bungie all refused to even acknowledge that I sent them an email on
this topic.

a.brud...@att.net wrote:
> Thanks, I now agree. It is interesting that Microsoft, Gearbox and
> Bungie all refused to even acknowledge that I sent them an email on
> this topic.

That is strange. You would think they would at least explain. Perhaps
they felt putting a cheat it takes away too quickly the fun aspect,
which I understand. I was stuck on one of the later levels and after
figuring out how to get passed the almost impossible odds it felt
great. Big hint in gameplay is not too use up ammo too early and keep
upgrading to more powerful weapons...you'll need them.
There is a portion of the game, the first snow level where the grenade
launcher is primary. This is not your typical shooter, as you really
must think how to defeat these very clever creatures.

SamuelF566@AOL.COM wrote:
> a.brud...@att.net wrote:
> > Thanks, I now agree. It is interesting that Microsoft, Gearbox and
> > Bungie all refused to even acknowledge that I sent them an email on
> > this topic.
>
> That is strange. You would think they would at least explain. Perhaps
> they felt putting a cheat it takes away too quickly the fun aspect,
> which I understand. I was stuck on one of the later levels and after
> figuring out how to get passed the almost impossible odds it felt
> great. Big hint in gameplay is not too use up ammo too early and
keep
> upgrading to more powerful weapons...you'll need them.
> There is a portion of the game, the first snow level where the
grenade
> launcher is primary. This is not your typical shooter, as you really
> must think how to defeat these very clever creatures.

That is true. Yet I have to wonder, after repeating a checkpoint 15
times, just who is having all the fun. I suppose I just want the
option.