Network Problem

Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 3, 2005 2:07:02 PM

I have a three computer network
1 - Main PC (Desktop) & Printer connected
2 - Second Desktop
3 - Laptop
All running XP Pro
Up untill yesterday all pcs were connected and working fine.
Today PC 1 can connect and see all others (through networked computers &
remote desktop)
PC's 2 & 3 can connect to each other (through networked computers & remote
desktop) but cannot access PC 1 (Can be seen on networked computers list)
When I try to connect to PC 1 from PC2 or PC3 I get the message "Network
path not found"
Short of carrying out a complete reinstall can any one suggest what has gone
wrong and how to fix.

Thanks in advance

Alan

More about : network problem

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 10:12:54 PM

Try resetting your router.

Carey

"Radar069" <Radar069@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a three computer network
> 1 - Main PC (Desktop) & Printer connected
> 2 - Second Desktop
> 3 - Laptop
> All running XP Pro
> Up untill yesterday all pcs were connected and working fine.
> Today PC 1 can connect and see all others (through networked computers &
> remote desktop)
> PC's 2 & 3 can connect to each other (through networked computers & remote
> desktop) but cannot access PC 1 (Can be seen on networked computers list)
> When I try to connect to PC 1 from PC2 or PC3 I get the message "Network
> path not found"
> Short of carrying out a complete reinstall can any one suggest what has
> gone
> wrong and how to fix.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Alan
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 2:11:02 AM

Have reset router - rebooted - tried restore.
All PCs can connect to internet
I think something on main machine is blocking but connot find it.
have removed sharing and reset sharing but still no luck.
Any more suggetstion please?

"Carey Holzman" wrote:

> Try resetting your router.
>
> Carey
>
> "Radar069" <Radar069@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a three computer network
> > 1 - Main PC (Desktop) & Printer connected
> > 2 - Second Desktop
> > 3 - Laptop
> > All running XP Pro
> > Up untill yesterday all pcs were connected and working fine.
> > Today PC 1 can connect and see all others (through networked computers &
> > remote desktop)
> > PC's 2 & 3 can connect to each other (through networked computers & remote
> > desktop) but cannot access PC 1 (Can be seen on networked computers list)
> > When I try to connect to PC 1 from PC2 or PC3 I get the message "Network
> > path not found"
> > Short of carrying out a complete reinstall can any one suggest what has
> > gone
> > wrong and how to fix.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Alan

February 4, 2005 5:23:56 AM

Try resetting the network settings on all PCs following these detailed
steps:

www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

> Have reset router - rebooted - tried restore.
> All PCs can connect to internet
> I think something on main machine is blocking but connot find it.
> have removed sharing and reset sharing but still no luck.
> Any more suggetstion please?
>
> "Carey Holzman" wrote:
>
>> Try resetting your router.
>>
>> Carey
>>
>> "Radar069" <Radar069@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a three computer network
>> > 1 - Main PC (Desktop) & Printer connected
>> > 2 - Second Desktop
>> > 3 - Laptop
>> > All running XP Pro
>> > Up untill yesterday all pcs were connected and working fine.
>> > Today PC 1 can connect and see all others (through networked computers
>> > &
>> > remote desktop)
>> > PC's 2 & 3 can connect to each other (through networked computers &
>> > remote
>> > desktop) but cannot access PC 1 (Can be seen on networked computers
>> > list)
>> > When I try to connect to PC 1 from PC2 or PC3 I get the message
>> > "Network
>> > path not found"
>> > Short of carrying out a complete reinstall can any one suggest what has
>> > gone
>> > wrong and how to fix.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance
>> >
>> > Alan

Anonymous
February 4, 2005 11:37:08 AM

Thanks Carey some how XP firewall got corrupt reinstalled SP2.
Now seems fine

"Carey Holzman" wrote:

> Try resetting the network settings on all PCs following these detailed
> steps:
>
> www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm
>
> Carey
>
> "Radar069" <Radar069@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have reset router - rebooted - tried restore.
> > All PCs can connect to internet
> > I think something on main machine is blocking but connot find it.
> > have removed sharing and reset sharing but still no luck.
> > Any more suggetstion please?
> >
> > "Carey Holzman" wrote:
> >
> >> Try resetting your router.
> >>
> >> Carey
> >>
> >> "Radar069" <Radar069@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
February 4, 2005 5:03:29 PM

Glad to hear you got it figured out. Thanks for letting us know!

!