IRQ Request Table for T2P4

Hi,

Does anybody know the IRQ Reuest Table for this "oldie"?
I know that PCI Slot 4 is shared with the USB controller.
Do any other slots have an interrupt channel on their own.?

I'm using a ISA sound card in the system, does it make a difference?

Config:
PCI 1 Voodoo3 2000
PCI 2 NIC
PCI 3 SCSI controller
PCI 4 Free

I like to change the NIC in slot 2 with a AVM Fritz DSL card, which
need a interrupt channle on its own.

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about request table t2p4

    Roman wrote:

    > Does anybody know the IRQ Reuest Table for this "oldie"?
    > I know that PCI Slot 4 is shared with the USB controller.
    > Do any other slots have an interrupt channel on their own.?

    [...]

    I'm not abolutely sure what you want to know, but:

    1) Every single PCI-slot is configurable to get an auto-assigned IRQ *or* you
    may assign an IRQ by yourself in the BIOS settings.
    2) There are no BIOS-limits for IRQ sharing: You my assign the same IRQ to one
    ore more PCI slots (I have never had problems with IRQ sharing on this board)
    3) auto-assigning IRQs may also assign the same IRQ to more than one PCI slot if
    there too few free IRQs (eg if you reserved some IRQs for ISA use in the BIOS
    settings)
    4) If you want to preserve your current IRQ settings (eg for OS reasons) you may
    want to find out what IRQ is currently assigned to your NIC and manually assign
    it to the slot your NIC is in. You should not notice any differences int the IRQ
    assignments this way. If you then change this card by another one the new one
    will get this very same IRQ. If there are no limitations that prevents the new
    card from running with this IRQ everything will work as before.

    Stephan

    Karl-Stephan Werkmeister schrieb:

    > Roman wrote:
    >>
    >> Does anybody know the IRQ Reuest Table for this "oldie"?
    >> I know that PCI Slot 4 is shared with the USB controller.
    >> Do any other slots have an interrupt channel on their own.?
    >>
    > [...]
    >
    > I'm not abolutely sure what you want to know, but:

    He's looking for an IRQ routing table, like those contained in the
    manuals for newer Asus boards.

    Stephan
    --
    Home: http://stephan.win31.de/
    PC#6: i440BX, 2xP3-500E, 704 MiB, 250+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W

    Stephan Grossklass wrote:

    > He's looking for an IRQ routing table, like those contained in the
    > manuals for newer Asus boards.
    >
    > Stephan

    I think it will be hard to find, but it can be constructed as by experiment
    by moving cards around and checking which slots and onboard devices share
    irq. Multifunction devices that demand 2 irqs are to be avoided in the test
    phase as it can be harder to construct the table with them present.

    I would recommend, studying the PDF Manual from www.asus.com.tw

    > I know that PCI Slot 4 is shared with the USB controller.
    > Do any other slots have an interrupt channel on their own.?

    PCI Four, as I know, is also with the ISA-Slots (PCI-ISA Bridge). But
    an Isa Soundcard will not share the IRQ with PCI Slot 4. But any other
    PCI Card in Slot 4 will disturb (IRQ-Sharing) a fluent OS!!!

    I also had the T2P4 and so far as I know PCI 1,2,3 is free. 4 is
    shared, if used.

    You can also reassign the IRQ used. In BIOS!

    > I'm using a ISA sound card in the system, does it make a difference?
    >
    > Config:
    > PCI 1 Voodoo3 2000
    > PCI 2 NIC
    > PCI 3 SCSI controller
    > PCI 4 Free
    >

    > I like to change the NIC in slot 2 with a AVM Fritz DSL card, which
    > need a interrupt channle on its own.
    >

    > Thanks

    Just change the NIC with the AVM. It seems that this will work.

    Don´t forget to look after starting your OS, which IRQ are assigned.

    Also a good tip is: disable all possible PWM and ACPI Modes, so that
    you get IRQ9 released, where it would be highly recommendable to place
    your Voodoo3 2000. "IRQ assigning in BIOS" :-)
    10- SCSI
    11- Fritz
    12- PS/2 Mouse (If you don´t connect a PS2 Mouse, you could also assign
    this IRQ for your needs)
    I have both, USB and PS2 Mouse, DOS-Windows ;-)
    5- Sound
    4 or 3- USB (disabling one COM Port for USB)

    9- VGA

    Good Luck,

    Daniel Mandic

    (ASUS P2B-F, iP3-S Tualatin 1075MHz, Matrox Parhelia)

    P.S.: If you use WinXP, 2000, 98, ME, you will also need to disable
    ACPI. Otherwise you always have IRQ-sharing even if your Hardware Setup
    is perfect. Then you have all devices on IRQ9 and the software (OS) is
    doing the IRQ managment - what a stupid solution!!!

    Duh. I could have thought of the FAQ...
    http://www.asuscom.de/support/FAQ/faq016_pci_int.htm

    HT(still)H
    Stephan
    --
    Home: http://stephan.win31.de/
    PC#6: i440BX, 2xP3-500E, 704 MiB, 250+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W

Asus PCI Motherboards