installing second hard drive

running windowsme, installing second harddrive using xp.as
primary slave but on reboot it does not appear, i cannot
find disk manager on windows me can anyone help me. thanks
for any help.rupert1972
4 answers Last reply
More about installing hard drive

    WindowsME doesn't have a Disk Manager. If you have formatted the drive in
    NTFS, that is the problem..... Win9x/ME systems cannot 'see' NTFS. You must
    format it in FAT32 if you need it to be seen with both operating systems.
    Since you cannot go from NTFS to FAT32, you're going to have to re-format it
    completely.
    www.coribright.com

    "rupert1972" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > running windowsme, installing second harddrive using xp.as
    > primary slave but on reboot it does not appear, i cannot
    > find disk manager on windows me can anyone help me. thanks
    > for any help.rupert1972

    many thanks cari looks like i am kicking out my me system

    You probably won't miss it much! It had its day!

    > many thanks cari looks like i am kicking out my me system

    If you really wanted it for some reason though, you can get it back by
    using this:
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/ntfswin98.shtml

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
    > You probably won't miss it much! It had its day!

Hardware Windows Me Microsoft Hard Drives Windows XP