installing second hard drive

September 8, 2004 4:45:34 PM

running windowsme, installing second harddrive using xp.as
primary slave but on reboot it does not appear, i cannot
find disk manager on windows me can anyone help me. thanks
for any help.rupert1972

More about : installing hard drive

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 5:09:24 PM

WindowsME doesn't have a Disk Manager. If you have formatted the drive in
NTFS, that is the problem..... Win9x/ME systems cannot 'see' NTFS. You must
format it in FAT32 if you need it to be seen with both operating systems.
Since you cannot go from NTFS to FAT32, you're going to have to re-format it
completely.
www.coribright.com

"rupert1972" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> running windowsme, installing second harddrive using xp.as
> primary slave but on reboot it does not appear, i cannot
> find disk manager on windows me can anyone help me. thanks
> for any help.rupert1972
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 5:19:31 PM

many thanks cari looks like i am kicking out my me system

September 8, 2004 5:23:54 PM

You probably won't miss it much! It had its day!

> many thanks cari looks like i am kicking out my me system
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 6:24:39 PM

If you really wanted it for some reason though, you can get it back by
using this:
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/ntfswin98.sh...

----
Nathan McNulty