K8N-E Deluxe & WinXP 64

I have now installed WinXp 64 on my system and am in the process of trying
to install drivers.

My first intention is to get the onboard NIC to show up in device manager so
I can set up an internet connection before going to look for all the other
drivers I need on the net.

I have tried installing the nForce 4.34a drivers available form the ASUS
website but even though they seem to install fine my NIC is still not listed
in device manager. I have tried running the driver setup but also I have
tried to just upgrade drivers within device manager pointing it to the
"Ethernet" folder that is created when the setup runs. Windows doesn't find
any suitable drivers for my hardware.

Any ideas why this may be happening?

TIA

tried installing the nForce 4.34a drivers available form the ASUS
> website but even though they seem to install fine my NIC is still not
> listed in device manager.
nForce drivers are chipset related but nothing to do with onboard NIC.
For that you have to load NIC specific driver also available on Asus site or
the CD supplied with the mobo.

> nForce drivers are chipset related but nothing to do with onboard NIC

Mmmm, that'll be my problem then! I assumed the file I had downloaded had
drivers for pretty much everything apart from sound & RAID on the board.

But the main reason I thought this is because I couldn't find a seperate 64
bit driver download for the onboard NIC in the KG7-E Deluxe downloads. Any
idea where on the site I might find it?

TIA

> nForce drivers are chipset related but nothing to do with onboard NIC.

Just another thought.... if that is the case then what is the "ethernet"
folder for in the installation? It also had the following document too:

http://www.justinelzik.dsl.pipex.com/linked/changes.html

so it looks liek it should install a driver for ethernet!

TIA

milleron

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 14:34:44 +0100, "elziko" <elziko@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>> nForce drivers are chipset related but nothing to do with onboard NIC.
>
>Just another thought.... if that is the case then what is the "ethernet"
>folder for in the installation? It also had the following document too:
>
>http://www.justinelzik.dsl.pipex.com/linked/changes.html
>
>so it looks liek it should install a driver for ethernet!
>
>TIA

There's only one nForce package for all nForce motherboards. IF your
motherboard had an nVidia gigabit LAN, as do, for example, the A8N
series, THEN the nForce setup program WOULD install the driver for
that Ethernet adapter.
It looks like your board, however, has only a Marvell adapter on
board, so you should be downloading and installing the driver for
that. I'm sure there's one on your Asus CD, but I'd always go to Asus
support to make sure I was installing the latest one available for my
motherboard.

Ron

"elziko" <elziko@yahoo.co.uk>> But the main reason I thought this is because
I couldn't find a seperate 64
> bit driver download for the onboard NIC in the KG7-E Deluxe downloads. Any
> idea where on the site I might find it?

I asumme is going difficult since this product KG7-E Deluxe is market as
"discontinued product" at http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/

The drivers page for K8N-E Deluxe is
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
I've tried to get "nVIDIA nForce Chipset Driver 4.34a Windows XP 64-bit
Edition" but the Europe and USA servers are damm slow.
According the FAQ of Asus for this mobo:The LAN driver for K8N-E Deluxe is
provided by "Marvell PHY" and controlled by nVidia chipset. Therefore, you
will find LAN driver ready after installing nVidia chipset driver.

Anyway, you should consider that WinXP-64 drivers availability is very
limited yet and therefore is a limiting factor to migrate now for most of
us.

"elziko" <elziko@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have now installed WinXp 64 on my system and am in the process of trying
>to install drivers.
>
> My first intention is to get the onboard NIC to show up in device manager
> so I can set up an internet connection before going to look for all the
> other drivers I need on the net.
>
> I have tried installing the nForce 4.34a drivers available form the ASUS
> website but even though they seem to install fine my NIC is still not
> listed in device manager. I have tried running the driver setup but also I
> have tried to just upgrade drivers within device manager pointing it to
> the "Ethernet" folder that is created when the setup runs. Windows doesn't
> find any suitable drivers for my hardware.
>
> Any ideas why this may be happening?
>
> TIA

Download the driver directly from nVidia, it works fine on my K8N-E/D
(http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp64_6.25). The Ethernet driver
is in the nForce package (Ethernet Driver 4.52). You should install the
nForce driver immediately after installing Windows XP 64, before installing
anything else. Once you have 'net access, you should go to WinUpdate and get
all the updates available (if any), then install your programs.

dam