KT7A-RAID: XP doesn't boot with a disk on RAID

September 9, 2004 4:43:08 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hello,

I have installed a new disk (Maxtor ATA133 160 GB - 8 Mb cache) on m
KT7A-RAID (last BIOS: A9). As I don't have anymore available IDE port, I
connected it to a RAID port (ATA100).

Since then, I get with WIndows XP a blue screen, telling I should do a
chkdsk, check for viruses, and so on.

When I unplug one of the another disks to replace it with my MAxtor 160 GB,
it works OK.

Any idea ? Thanks.

Note: I posted that to the Abit newsgroups
September 9, 2004 4:43:09 AM

Oodini wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have installed a new disk (Maxtor ATA133 160 GB - 8 Mb cache) on m
> KT7A-RAID (last BIOS: A9). As I don't have anymore available IDE port,
> I connected it to a RAID port (ATA100).
>
> Since then, I get with WIndows XP a blue screen, telling I should do
> a chkdsk, check for viruses, and so on.
>
> When I unplug one of the another disks to replace it with my MAxtor
> 160 GB, it works OK.
>
> Any idea ? Thanks.
>
> Note: I posted that to the Abit newsgroups

Does that motherboard support connecting a drive to the RAID connection
without doing RAID? I had that motherboard and I seem to recall you
couldn't use the RAID connections for just another IDE drive; you had
to actually set up RAID if you wanted to use them. That was a long time
ago and I don't have the manual any more. If you still have your
manual, check in it or look on the motherboard mftr.'s website.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Has/is the driver for the RAID port been installed or updated?

!