KT7A-RAID: XP doesn't boot with a disk on RAID

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hello,

I have installed a new disk (Maxtor ATA133 160 GB - 8 Mb cache) on m
KT7A-RAID (last BIOS: A9). As I don't have anymore available IDE port, I
connected it to a RAID port (ATA100).

Since then, I get with WIndows XP a blue screen, telling I should do a
chkdsk, check for viruses, and so on.

When I unplug one of the another disks to replace it with my MAxtor 160 GB,
it works OK.

Any idea ? Thanks.

Note: I posted that to the Abit newsgroups
2 answers Last reply
More about kt7a raid doesn boot disk raid
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Oodini wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have installed a new disk (Maxtor ATA133 160 GB - 8 Mb cache) on m
    > KT7A-RAID (last BIOS: A9). As I don't have anymore available IDE port,
    > I connected it to a RAID port (ATA100).
    >
    > Since then, I get with WIndows XP a blue screen, telling I should do
    > a chkdsk, check for viruses, and so on.
    >
    > When I unplug one of the another disks to replace it with my MAxtor
    > 160 GB, it works OK.
    >
    > Any idea ? Thanks.
    >
    > Note: I posted that to the Abit newsgroups

    Does that motherboard support connecting a drive to the RAID connection
    without doing RAID? I had that motherboard and I seem to recall you
    couldn't use the RAID connections for just another IDE drive; you had
    to actually set up RAID if you wanted to use them. That was a long time
    ago and I don't have the manual any more. If you still have your
    manual, check in it or look on the motherboard mftr.'s website.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Has/is the driver for the RAID port been installed or updated?

    Oodini wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have installed a new disk (Maxtor ATA133 160 GB - 8 Mb cache) on m
    > KT7A-RAID (last BIOS: A9). As I don't have anymore available IDE port, I
    > connected it to a RAID port (ATA100).
    >
    > Since then, I get with WIndows XP a blue screen, telling I should do a
    > chkdsk, check for viruses, and so on.
    >
    > When I unplug one of the another disks to replace it with my MAxtor 160 GB,
    > it works OK.
    >
    > Any idea ? Thanks.
    >
    > Note: I posted that to the Abit newsgroups

NAS / RAID Microsoft Windows XP