Erson 900 Prints black line

For whatever reason my Epson 900 prints a solid 5/8 inch black line when I try
to print text. I tried reinstalling and updated driver, but nothing helps. It
does not do a test print..

Any suggestions? Thank you.

Russ

RusPC wrote:
> For whatever reason my Epson 900 prints a solid 5/8 inch black line
> when I try to print text. I tried reinstalling and updated driver,
> but nothing helps. It does not do a test print..
>
> Any suggestions? Thank you.
>
> Russ

Bet you didn't uninstall and reinstall it /properly/. Suggest you do so.

For the correct method of installing a printer see

DO NOT OMIT STEP FOUR OR YOU WILL REINSTALL THE CORRUPT DRIVER!

For more information on the correct method of removing and reinstalling
drivers see

DaveC

Distinguished
May 8, 2004

On Sat, 29 May 2004 07:35:19 -0700, RusPC wrote
(in article <20040529103519.02246.00000148@mb-m28.aol.com>):

> For whatever reason my Epson 900 prints a solid 5/8 inch black line when I
> try
> to print text. I tried reinstalling and updated driver, but nothing helps. It
> does not do a test print..
>
> Any suggestions? Thank you.

Russ,
Print a head test pattern *not using the computer* to do so. You can print a
pattern by pushing buttons on the printer. This will let you know whether or
not the problem is the driver or the printer.

Here's the instructions from the user guide:

---

Running a Printer Check

You can run a printer check to determine whether the problem comes from the
printer itself or some other source (ie, the driver). Follow these steps:

1. Make sure both the printer and computer are turned off.

2. Disconnect the interface cable from the printer.

3. Make sure paper is loaded in the printer.

4. Hold down the load/eject button, then press and release the power button.
Continue holding down the load/eject button until the power light starts to
flash, then release it.

The printer prints one page containing the printer's ROM version, ink counter
code, and nozzle check pattern.

---

Good luck,
--