A7M266 and Memory

Are there any known problems with 1 gig PC2100 Low density 'Generic' memory?
(not that 4 bit stuff.) in a A7M266? (two 1 gig sticks)
Thanks
(yes generic question, but it is very generic memory. They said it was
tested 24 hiouyrs, but Both were DOA less than 48 hours after the 'test'. I
really think they just did not test it.)
1 answer Last reply
More about a7m266 memory

    In article <cuHye.6625$0i3.5287@twister.nyroc.rr.com>, "Chull"
    <chull001@rochester.rr.Not Needed.com> wrote:

    > Are there any known problems with 1 gig PC2100 Low density 'Generic' memory?
    > (not that 4 bit stuff.) in a A7M266? (two 1 gig sticks)
    > Thanks
    > (yes generic question, but it is very generic memory. They said it was
    > tested 24 hiouyrs, but Both were DOA less than 48 hours after the 'test'. I
    > really think they just did not test it.)

    There is no mention of memory problems in the errata list
    for the AMD761.

    http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/23613.pdf

    It could be a problem with VCC or VTT on the DIMM socket,
    but for a voltage related failure, you might notice excess
    heat coming from the module before it failed. Due to design
    differences, some brands of memory chips can take more voltage
    than others (some chips actually have voltage regulators inside,
    which causes them to get hot if a little extra voltage is
    applied).

    In any case, I would try a different brand of memory, just
    in case the whole batch from your supplier are bad.

    Paul

Asus Memory Motherboards