MISSING NTLDR

September 9, 2004 12:20:04 AM

Can anyone please explain what NTLDR files purpose is. I
work in a Hardware environment and lately we have
received hard drives with missing NTLDR files.

It is my understanding these files may be associated with
software distribution downloads.

thank you!

Pippa

More about : missing ntldr

Anonymous
September 9, 2004 5:50:44 PM

"Pippa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone please explain what NTLDR files purpose is. I
> work in a Hardware environment and lately we have
> received hard drives with missing NTLDR files.
>
> It is my understanding these files may be associated with
> software distribution downloads.
>
> thank you!
>
> Pippa

The hidden files c:\ntldr and c:\ntdetect.com are the WinXP
boot loader files. They get placed there when you install
WinXP. You can also copy them there manually from the
WinXP instalation CD. They have nothing to do with
software distribution or downloads.
!