MISSING NTLDR

Can anyone please explain what NTLDR files purpose is. I
work in a Hardware environment and lately we have
received hard drives with missing NTLDR files.

It is my understanding these files may be associated with
software distribution downloads.

thank you!

Pippa
1 answer Last reply
More about missing ntldr

    "Pippa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone please explain what NTLDR files purpose is. I
    > work in a Hardware environment and lately we have
    > received hard drives with missing NTLDR files.
    >
    > It is my understanding these files may be associated with
    > software distribution downloads.
    >
    > thank you!
    >
    > Pippa

    The hidden files c:\ntldr and c:\ntdetect.com are the WinXP
    boot loader files. They get placed there when you install
    WinXP. You can also copy them there manually from the
    WinXP instalation CD. They have nothing to do with
    software distribution or downloads.

Hardware Ntldr Windows XP