Computer on the Internet.

My computer shutsdown and restarts regularly whilst on
the internet, sometimes it shows an error message and
informs you that it will have to close. I run Windows XP
Professional with Service Pack 1, I also installed SP2,
as I thought that would solve the problem.

Sounds like a driver issue. Could be sound or video related. Does it happen
when you go to a web page with sound or video? More info on what you are
doing and your equipment would be helpful.

"Irwin" <baldwin52@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My computer shutsdown and restarts regularly whilst on
> the internet, sometimes it shows an error message and
> informs you that it will have to close. I run Windows XP
> Professional with Service Pack 1, I also installed SP2,
> as I thought that would solve the problem.

How about heat? Have you scanned for viruses or malware? Try Ad-Aware
from www.lavasoftusa.com and the online antivirus at www.antivirus.com ;)

----
Nathan McNulty