Completely re-format/re-partition hard drive

(1) How do I completely re-format/re-partition my hard-drive?

I want to remove everything because there are errors that are preventing me
from booting-up (I have to boot about 50 times to get into Windows) many
ntoskrnl.exe missing/corrupt file error or BSOD errors or just nothing at all
(freeze on boot screen) are occurring. I hope a complete format and then put
all my data back will help.

(2) What is the best way to back-up all my data before I do this?

MAny thanks,

MAtt
2 answers Last reply
More about completely format partition hard drive

    "Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > (1) How do I completely re-format/re-partition my hard-drive?
    >
    > I want to remove everything because there are errors that are preventing
    me
    > from booting-up (I have to boot about 50 times to get into Windows) many
    > ntoskrnl.exe missing/corrupt file error or BSOD errors or just nothing at
    all
    > (freeze on boot screen) are occurring. I hope a complete format and then
    put
    > all my data back will help.
    >
    > (2) What is the best way to back-up all my data before I do this?
    >
    > MAny thanks,
    >
    > MAtt

    Answers:
    (1) Boot with your WinXP CD, then select "format" when prompted.
    (2) This depends entirely on what hardware you have! We can only guess . . .

    There seems to be something wrong with your system date!

    "Biblioteca Carlos Morales" <secedubib@uniweb.net.co> wrote in message
    > use PQmagic to clone the hard disk, after run the installation or use Disk
    > Manager to fill zero drive

Partition Hard Drives Format Windows XP