Hi

I have a Canon LIDE scanner (USB) and it has worked OK for many months until
the last day or so when the PC refuses to acknowledge the scanner's
existence when trying to scan. I have installed no new hardware recently.

I have uninstalled everything I can think of to do with the scanner and then
re-installed but no joy. Although the PC does acknowledge existence of the
scanner at the USB port when connected it continues to refuse to scan when
starting the Canon Toolbox Application. The Canon Toolbox application takes
about 30 secs to 1 minute to appear on the screen after starting it so it
appears that there may be some sort of conflict.

I have installed the scanner on my laptop and it works perfectly so there
definitely appears to be something lurking on my PC causing problems.

Anyone any ideas of how I should proceed?

Many thanks

Nige

Have changed USB port and scanner is working - for the moment!

Many thanks

Nige

"Biblioteca Carlos Morales" <secedubib@uniweb.net.co> wrote in message
> may be a irq error in BIOS, and secure that version of USB you are using,
> USB 1.1 or 2.0 and change the scanner of USB port

Nige
I too have a Canon LIDE-80 Scanner USB 2.0 and have not been able to get it
to scan either. I continue to get a TWAIN error dispite my numerous attempts
to uninstall the driver using the DelDrv2032W.exe download from Canon;
reinstalled the updated Scanner Driver Scan Gear CS Ver 7.2.5.0 for winXP;
reinstalled the CanoScan Toolbox ver 4.1.3.1 for WinXP. When I plug the
scanner in, it too displays new Hardware Found Canon LIDE80....."your
hardware is ready to use". As soon as I select either from the panel or from
the ToolBox I get the following TWO errors.... first... from SCAN GEAR
CS..."Error in scanner turn off and follow instructions in manual Scanner
will be closed Scanner Code 2,250,0"... followed by ... this error from CANO
SCAN TOOL BOX " TWAIN data transfer error"...... first there are no
instructions related to the above in the manual and second, I made sure I did
not install the WIA driver because it has a known conflict with ScanGear CS.
I am open to suggestions since this is a new right out of the box scanner.
Respectfully submitted,