USB Device not recognized...sometimes

September 9, 2004 11:23:35 AM

I bought a Kingston Data Traveller USB 2.0 Key. Whenever
i plug it into my usb port it always says USB Device not
recognized. However, if I go into the device manager and
uninstall my USB hubs and the PCI controller, windows re-
recognizes all my USB devices (mouse & key) and installs
the driver. Then it works perfectly. However, if I
shutdown or restart my computer I have to do it all
again. Does anyone know why this happens. I've tried
everything. I have all the windows updates, I went to the
SIS website and downloaded new drivers for my USB ports, I
even reinstalled windows completely just in case it was a
driver problem. I know it's not the key because it works
perfectly in any other computer. Help!

Thanks,
John

More about : usb device recognized

Anonymous
September 10, 2004 4:02:26 AM

You did a clean install of XP, install the chipset drivers (motherboard
drivers), then plugged the device in and it didn't recognize it? Are
you using the software to make part of that USB Key protected? Does
this occur in every USB port on the computer after a clean install and
reloading of the latest drivers?

----
Nathan McNulty