Custom Edition question

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

I've had the Halo CE for a few days now, but haven't tried playing on any
player-made maps. Mainly because I'm not sure if I have any installed.
So... If you try joining a game set on a player-made map, does the map
content automatically get downloaded, or do I have to get the new maps (New
Mombassa, let's say) myself? If the latter, where's a good place?

somebody

"Paul Fedorenko" <pfedorenko@bite-me.look.ca> wrote in message
> I've had the Halo CE for a few days now, but haven't tried playing on any
> player-made maps. Mainly because I'm not sure if I have any installed.
> So... If you try joining a game set on a player-made map, does the map
> content automatically get downloaded, or do I have to get the new maps
(New
> Mombassa, let's say) myself? If the latter, where's a good place?

You go and download them yourself from such places as halomods.com. Put
them in the Halo CE/maps folder. Then you can join the game with that map
in it.

There are hundreds and hundreds... go into the server browser and look for
names that come up often or have a active players and grab those. At
minimum you should get:

New_Mombasa_Classic
zanzibar
quagmire
needleosity

Just to get started. Then as the servers rotate on to maps you don't have,
if you like the server, you can go out, fetch the map, and come back in.
Note that you have to restart HCE to activate the map since they are
enumerated when the game starts.

-Russ..