Problem in file sharing

Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 4, 2005 10:19:05 AM

I have wireless network setup between my desktop and laptop using ad-hoc
method.Both the computers installed with Windows xp professional and SP2.They
are in the same workgrooup.
I am using wirless method and no network card in desktop
I have installed Norton internet security 2003 in both the computers. I
could able to share the internet connection but when I click view workgroup
computers it's giving me error. No administrator permission to access the
computer and not accessiable error message.I am administrator for both the
computers.
Even Norton installation disabled my IIS server.
When I uninstalled Norton in my desktop i could view the laptop computer
name. But I couldn't access it.It is giving me same error message.
The problem is around norton. I am not sure how to configure. Please help me.

More about : problem file sharing

February 4, 2005 5:28:47 PM

Hi
May be this can Help.
I would suggest reading the following page.
Read first the whole page (I.e. resist the urge to click on any of the
links).
Once you understand the general scope start to investigate the links that
concern your specific setting.
Link to: http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

!