A8N-SLI Deluxe owners come on in!

How many of you installed the nVidia IDE drivers?

You guys want to hear something strange? When I initially upgraded to the
1011 final BIOS my computer would freeze up while booting into Windows with
1GB of memory installed. I upgraded to the newest beta BIOS and things
worked ok except my SATA burner stopped working. I downgraded back down to
the final 1011 BIOS and prior to reflashing the BIOS I removed the nVidia
IDE drivers. After going back down and experiencing one random lock up I
decided to reinstall the nVidia IDE drivers. So far no lock ups. I am
stressing my system by ripping a DVD, typing this, and listening to iTunes.
I hear a minor quirk when I'm listening to iTunes. It kinda skips and
studders a little. Is this normal?

--
Nocturnal

http://www.spywaretalk.org

milleron

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 21:32:23 GMT, "Nocturnal"
<nocturnal@anonymous.com> wrote:

>How many of you installed the nVidia IDE drivers?
>
>You guys want to hear something strange? When I initially upgraded to the
>1011 final BIOS my computer would freeze up while booting into Windows with
>1GB of memory installed. I upgraded to the newest beta BIOS and things
>worked ok except my SATA burner stopped working. I downgraded back down to
>the final 1011 BIOS and prior to reflashing the BIOS I removed the nVidia
>IDE drivers. After going back down and experiencing one random lock up I
>decided to reinstall the nVidia IDE drivers. So far no lock ups. I am
>stressing my system by ripping a DVD, typing this, and listening to iTunes.
>I hear a minor quirk when I'm listening to iTunes. It kinda skips and
>studders a little. Is this normal?

On my A8N-SLI Premium, I experimented a little with benchmarking using
the nVidia and Microsoft IDE drivers. My best solution (I have only
SATA HDs) turns out to be the nVidia drivers.

Ron

"Nocturnal" <nocturnal@anonymous.com> wrote in message
> How many of you installed the nVidia IDE drivers?
>
> You guys want to hear something strange? When I initially upgraded to the
> 1011 final BIOS my computer would freeze up while booting into Windows
> with 1GB of memory installed. I upgraded to the newest beta BIOS and
> things worked ok except my SATA burner stopped working. I downgraded back
> down to the final 1011 BIOS and prior to reflashing the BIOS I removed the
> nVidia IDE drivers. After going back down and experiencing one random
> lock up I decided to reinstall the nVidia IDE drivers. So far no lock
> ups. I am stressing my system by ripping a DVD, typing this, and
> listening to iTunes. I hear a minor quirk when I'm listening to iTunes.
> It kinda skips and studders a little. Is this normal?

In iTunes....AFAIA, yes. It's the most horrible media player out there IMHO.
I've heard that it will sometimes stutter and skip even when it has ''full'
CPU power. But if you're doing all those things in the background, it's no
surprise that songs are skipping and stuttering. That is, without knowing
your specs.
Oh I don't know how people can stand iTunes *shudders*. I use it only to
transfer songs to my iPod. To me, it's always duplicating songs I have in My
Music folder, you can't really change anything and yuck oh I hate it!!!
lol...WMP10 works fine for me.

> --
> Nocturnal
>
> http://www.spywaretalk.org

Name

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2003

"milleron" <millerdot90@SPAMlessosu.edu> wrote in message
> On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 21:32:23 GMT, "Nocturnal"
> <nocturnal@anonymous.com> wrote:
>
>>How many of you installed the nVidia IDE drivers?
>>
>>You guys want to hear something strange? When I initially upgraded to the
>>1011 final BIOS my computer would freeze up while booting into Windows
>>with
>>1GB of memory installed. I upgraded to the newest beta BIOS and things
>>worked ok except my SATA burner stopped working. I downgraded back down
>>the final 1011 BIOS and prior to reflashing the BIOS I removed the nVidia
>>IDE drivers. After going back down and experiencing one random lock up I
>>decided to reinstall the nVidia IDE drivers. So far no lock ups. I am
>>stressing my system by ripping a DVD, typing this, and listening to
>>iTunes.
>>I hear a minor quirk when I'm listening to iTunes. It kinda skips and
>>studders a little. Is this normal?
>
> On my A8N-SLI Premium, I experimented a little with benchmarking using
> the nVidia and Microsoft IDE drivers. My best solution (I have only
> SATA HDs) turns out to be the nVidia drivers.
>

> Ron

I've had good luck with Winamp or RealPlayer basic.