Getting windows to recognize the CD drive as CD-RW

Please help folks,

I remember a while back there was a way to modify the registry to make
windows recognize your CD-RW as a CD-RW and not a plain CD drive. I cant
remember how, does anyone know how to do this? (Or can they suggest another
way).

TIA
Stahler

CD-R drive or CD-RW drive is not recognized as a recordable device
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316529&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"DR" wrote:

| Please help folks,
|
| I remember a while back there was a way to modify the registry to make
| windows recognize your CD-RW as a CD-RW and not a plain CD drive. I cant
| remember how, does anyone know how to do this? (Or can they suggest another
| way).
|
| TIA
| Stahler

I am having the same problem with my drive. When I put in a blank disc, it
doesn't recognize that there is a disc in there. Ii went to the site listed
below, and followed the instructions. Still no luck, it does not show a
recordable tab in the properties. Any help would be greatly appreciated.