After a thunderstorm modem gave 'error message - connection not recognised or
unavailable'. Network connection shows - AOL Dial Up Disconnected,
Firewalled Smart Link 56 Voice Modem 555-5555
System Configuration shows - SmartLink Service 'Stopped'
Windows Firewall Protection allows AOL as an exception.
Does this mean that my modem has been 'blown', or can I reconnect. If so,
how?
--
Soarer

Contact AOL and good luck with that. It is most likely AOL's poor
software, but it is possible that you had voltages come through your
phone lines and fry your modem (that is after all what is transfered
through your phone lines in the first place).

----
Nathan McNulty