Sam

On 4 different A7N8X machines (including two A7N8XE-deluxe), I
occasionally get a failure to boot because of "no keyboard" from a
cold start. I'm using USB keyboards on these 3 machines and I do have
the BIOS set to use "legacy" USB for both keyboard and mouse.

To get started, I'll use a PS/2 keyboard along with the USB one and
eventually the machine will recognize the fact that there really is a
keyboard attached. Should I just set it to ignore keyboard errors on
boot? Or is there something else going on here.

Thanks.

Sam
--
"We have met the enemy, and he is us"

Sam

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:12:56 -0700, Sam <retired@home.net> wrote:

>On 4 different A7N8X machines (including two A7N8XE-deluxe), I
>occasionally get a failure to boot because of "no keyboard" from a
>cold start. I'm using USB keyboards on these 4 machines and I do have
>the BIOS set to use "legacy" USB for both keyboard and mouse.
>
>To get started, I'll use a PS/2 keyboard along with the USB one and
>eventually the machine will recognize the fact that there really is a
>keyboard attached. Should I just set it to ignore keyboard errors on
>boot? Or is there something else going on here.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Sam

No ideas as to why this happens?

Thanks.

Sam
--
"We have met the enemy, and he is us"

I had a similar problem.

My A7N8X-E deluxe would suddenly reboot itself at random times.
Turned out to be a driver problem. I don't even know what driver it
was, because I just updated all of them with the latest I could find
for everything. Anyway, when the machine would reboot, about half the
time it would not see my USB keyboard, and required me to remove power
to the MB, and then it would work just fine. (until it rebooted
again).

Since the reboots are fixed, I haven't seen this behavior.

Scott

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:23:07 -0700, Sam <retired@home.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:12:56 -0700, Sam <retired@home.net> wrote:
>
>>On 4 different A7N8X machines (including two A7N8XE-deluxe), I
>>occasionally get a failure to boot because of "no keyboard" from a
>>cold start. I'm using USB keyboards on these 4 machines and I do have
>>the BIOS set to use "legacy" USB for both keyboard and mouse.
>>
>>To get started, I'll use a PS/2 keyboard along with the USB one and
>>eventually the machine will recognize the fact that there really is a
>>keyboard attached. Should I just set it to ignore keyboard errors on
>>boot? Or is there something else going on here.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Sam
>
>No ideas as to why this happens?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Sam

Sam

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 08:10:57 -0400, Scott Rogerson <nunya@bidniss.com>
wrote:

>I had a similar problem.
>
>My A7N8X-E deluxe would suddenly reboot itself at random times.
>Turned out to be a driver problem. I don't even know what driver it
>was, because I just updated all of them with the latest I could find
>for everything. Anyway, when the machine would reboot, about half the
>time it would not see my USB keyboard, and required me to remove power
>to the MB, and then it would work just fine. (until it rebooted
>again).
>
>Since the reboots are fixed, I haven't seen this behavior.
>
>Scott

Not sure it's a driver problem in my case, since this occurs way
before Windows is loaded, at the very start of the boot. I've just set
the BIOS to ignore keyboard errors and it seems happy. Windows always
recognizes the keyboard/mouse in any case. It just seemed funny since
I had the BIOS set to legacy USB settings for both mouse and keyboard.
Sam

--
"We have met the enemy, and he is us" --Pogo (1970)