Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Epson C-80 thickness selector problem

Tags:
  • Printers
  • Epson
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 12:54:57 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

My printer refuse to print when I put the paper thickness selector on
"paper" ; I must keep it on "envelope" position whatever the kind of paper I
use (22 lbs, 24 lbs, carboard, etc.). If I try to put the selector on
"paper" position, the Ink Empty light stay on solid and the Power and Paper
Empty lights are flashing. How can I adjust the mechanism to reset de ink
charriot to factory default position ?
Maybe it's because I recently buy a compatible black ink cartdridge from
Tiger Direct.ca but I don't think so.

By the way, I did a head alignment procedure with the selector on envelope
position and I remember I had to change the settings three or four times to
have perfect alignment. Does this procedure could have changed the hight of
the heads carriage mechanism ?

Please Help

Daniel.

Sorry about my written English

More about : epson thickness selector problem

Anonymous
May 30, 2004 8:33:23 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

<< Maybe it's because I recently buy a compatible black ink cartdridge from
Tiger Direct.ca but I don't think so. >>

Daniel-

As Yianni suggested, the print head might be interfering with the paper or some
part of the printer. While the alignment probably did not cause the problem,
it is possible that the Tiger Direct cartridge is installed wrong, has a
mechanical defect or is the wrong cartridge.

Do you still have the old empty cartridge? If so, you can try reinstalling it
and see if the problem goes away.

Fred
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 8:50:35 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

> My printer refuse to print when I put the paper thickness selector on
> "paper" ; I must keep it on "envelope" position whatever the kind of paper
I
> use (22 lbs, 24 lbs, carboard, etc.). If I try to put the selector on
> "paper" position, the Ink Empty light stay on solid and the Power and
Paper
> Empty lights are flashing. How can I adjust the mechanism to reset de ink
> charriot to factory default position ?

I can't excplain why this happen. This error code corresponds to the "Fatal
error". Just a guess, may the printhead in lower position (paper) blocks and
it cannot move at all. If you put the lever in paper position, do you hear a
strange noise?


> Maybe it's because I recently buy a compatible black ink cartdridge from
> Tiger Direct.ca but I don't think so.

Definately, the compatible cartridge don't cause any problem.


> By the way, I did a head alignment procedure with the selector on envelope
> position and I remember I had to change the settings three or four times
to
> have perfect alignment. Does this procedure could have changed the hight
of
> the heads carriage mechanism ?

The alignment precedure don't adjust the height of the printhead, it just
store the information into the printer memory for correct printing (for
black-color concurrency and for the step concurrency).
Related resources
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 8:50:36 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

When the printhead is in lower position, I can manually move it from left
end to right end of the printer but prior, I have to manually press down a
small white stopper wich is located at the right end of the metal blade.
When I light on the printer in paper position, the prinhead refuse to moove
and the error code appear. When I light on the printer in envelope position,
the small white stopper go down automatically and print head go right to
left and prepare itself for printing. By the way I positively hear a strange
noise when the printhead slowdown to reach his "home" position.


"Yianni" <in@mailbox9.gr> a ecrit dans le message de
news:1085924881.761477@athnrd02.forthnet.gr...
> > My printer refuse to print when I put the paper thickness selector on
> > "paper" ; I must keep it on "envelope" position whatever the kind of
paper
> I
> > use (22 lbs, 24 lbs, carboard, etc.). If I try to put the selector on
> > "paper" position, the Ink Empty light stay on solid and the Power and
> Paper
> > Empty lights are flashing. How can I adjust the mechanism to reset de
ink
> > charriot to factory default position ?
>
> I can't excplain why this happen. This error code corresponds to the
"Fatal
> error". Just a guess, may the printhead in lower position (paper) blocks
and
> it cannot move at all. If you put the lever in paper position, do you hear
a
> strange noise?
>
>
> > Maybe it's because I recently buy a compatible black ink cartdridge from
> > Tiger Direct.ca but I don't think so.
>
> Definately, the compatible cartridge don't cause any problem.
>
>
> > By the way, I did a head alignment procedure with the selector on
envelope
> > position and I remember I had to change the settings three or four times
> to
> > have perfect alignment. Does this procedure could have changed the hight
> of
> > the heads carriage mechanism ?
>
> The alignment precedure don't adjust the height of the printhead, it just
> store the information into the printer memory for correct printing (for
> black-color concurrency and for the step concurrency).
>
>
>
Anonymous
June 1, 2004 9:52:25 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

> When the printhead is in lower position, I can manually move it from left
> end to right end of the printer but prior, I have to manually press down a
> small white stopper witch is located at the right end of the metal blade.

This is the normal case.


> When I light on the printer in envelope position,
> the small white stopper go down automatically and print head go right to
> left and prepare itself for printing.

I cannot try it, because I broke mine printer's stopper and I cannot try to
see what happen.


> By the way I positively hear a strange
> noise when the printhead slowdown to reach his "home" position.

I suspect something wrong with the parking station, (either the blade, or
the cupping rubbers or the white stopper). First try to clean the moving
parts (the blade/stopper and the system with the cupping rubbers) with
water. The system with the cupping rubbers could be move to the right
freely. That's why I broke mine stopper (I don't suggest if it isn't
necessary).


--

Yianni
in@mailbox9.gr (áöáéñÝóôå ôïí áñéèìü åííéÜ áðü ôï email)
!