wireless lan for three computers within a large corporate ..

okay here is scenario, i am in a big corporate network with internet
connection filesharing and all the likes , my objective is to link 3
computers together wirelessly and then use the internet connection from the
lan for all of them , i have bought the mn700 already , how can i go about
this , and will i be able to see and share files with the computers in the
parent network
--
confused boy
7 answers Last reply

    Most large corporations have policies against this. Its the type of thing
    that gets people fired or severely reprimanded. If you truly have a
    business need, you should get it addressed through the appropriate channels.
    Rogue access points are a big deal these days.

    --
    Mark Gamache
    Certified Security Solutions

    "maskal" <maskal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > okay here is scenario, i am in a big corporate network with internet
    > connection filesharing and all the likes , my objective is to link 3
    > computers together wirelessly and then use the internet connection from
    > the
    > lan for all of them , i have bought the mn700 already , how can i go about
    > this , and will i be able to see and share files with the computers in the
    > parent network
    > --
    > confused boy

    well its all legal , we are trying to expand , we setup the large on
    ourselves, but now i need to do the expansion above

    Hi
    There are two basic scenarios.

    1. Use the MN700 as Wireless Router by connecting it to the existing
    network as through the MN700 WAN port.
    Doing so would create a second Network for the Wireless. Regular File
    Sharing with the large Network would work straight since you would have two
    Independent Networks.
    2. Use the MN700 as a Switch with an Access Point.
    Doing so the Wireless computers would join the Big Network as any other
    computers.
    Instructions to use the Wireless Router in this manner here:
    http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    P.S. Could be that the MN700 can be use as an Access Point only by
    configuration. Check the manual.

    "maskal" <maskal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > okay here is scenario, i am in a big corporate network with internet
    > connection filesharing and all the likes , my objective is to link 3
    > computers together wirelessly and then use the internet connection from
    the
    > lan for all of them , i have bought the mn700 already , how can i go about
    > this , and will i be able to see and share files with the computers in the
    > parent network
    > --
    > confused boy

    thanks jack you are the man

    have you tried reading the manual?

    "maskal" <maskal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > okay here is scenario, i am in a big corporate network with internet
    > connection filesharing and all the likes , my objective is to link 3
    > computers together wirelessly and then use the internet connection from
    the
    > lan for all of them , i have bought the mn700 already , how can i go about
    > this , and will i be able to see and share files with the computers in the
    > parent network
    > --
    > confused boy

    Dave is my new hero!

    --

    "Dave" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > have you tried reading the manual?
    >
    > "maskal" <maskal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> okay here is scenario, i am in a big corporate network with internet
    >> connection filesharing and all the likes , my objective is to link 3
    >> computers together wirelessly and then use the internet connection from
    > the
    >> lan for all of them , i have bought the mn700 already , how can i go
    >> about
    >> this , and will i be able to see and share files with the computers in
    >> the
    >> parent network
    >> --
    >> confused boy

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

    i almost told him to just "plug it in and try it" that is the most common
    method of adding an access point.

    "Mark Gamache" <mark.gamache@css-security.com> wrote in message
    > Dave is my new hero!
    >
    > --
    > Mark Gamache
    > Certified Security Solutions
    > http://www.css-security.com
    >

    > "Dave" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > > have you tried reading the manual?
    > >
    > > "maskal" <maskal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >> okay here is scenario, i am in a big corporate network with internet
    > >> connection filesharing and all the likes , my objective is to link 3
    > >> computers together wirelessly and then use the internet connection from
    > > the
    > >> lan for all of them , i have bought the mn700 already , how can i go
    > >> about
    > >> this , and will i be able to see and share files with the computers in
    > >> the
    > >> parent network
    > >> --
    > >> confused boy

Computers Wireless Lan Wireless Networking