wireless lan for three computers within a large corporate ..

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Wireless Lan
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 4, 2005 10:27:08 AM

okay here is scenario, i am in a big corporate network with internet
connection filesharing and all the likes , my objective is to link 3
computers together wirelessly and then use the internet connection from the
lan for all of them , i have bought the mn700 already , how can i go about
this , and will i be able to see and share files with the computers in the
parent network
--
confused boy

More about : wireless lan computers large corporate

Anonymous
February 4, 2005 11:36:12 AM

Most large corporations have policies against this. Its the type of thing
that gets people fired or severely reprimanded. If you truly have a
business need, you should get it addressed through the appropriate channels.
Rogue access points are a big deal these days.

--
Mark Gamache
Certified Security Solutions

"maskal" <maskal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> okay here is scenario, i am in a big corporate network with internet
> connection filesharing and all the likes , my objective is to link 3
> computers together wirelessly and then use the internet connection from
> the
> lan for all of them , i have bought the mn700 already , how can i go about
> this , and will i be able to see and share files with the computers in the
> parent network
> --
> confused boy
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 1:49:09 PM

well its all legal , we are trying to expand , we setup the large on
ourselves, but now i need to do the expansion above
Related resources
February 4, 2005 5:55:41 PM

Hi
There are two basic scenarios.

1. Use the MN700 as Wireless Router by connecting it to the existing
network as through the MN700 WAN port.
Doing so would create a second Network for the Wireless. Regular File
Sharing with the large Network would work straight since you would have two
Independent Networks.
2. Use the MN700 as a Switch with an Access Point.
Doing so the Wireless computers would join the Big Network as any other
computers.
Instructions to use the Wireless Router in this manner here:
http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

P.S. Could be that the MN700 can be use as an Access Point only by
configuration. Check the manual.

"maskal" <maskal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> okay here is scenario, i am in a big corporate network with internet
> connection filesharing and all the likes , my objective is to link 3
> computers together wirelessly and then use the internet connection from
the
> lan for all of them , i have bought the mn700 already , how can i go about
> this , and will i be able to see and share files with the computers in the
> parent network
> --
> confused boy
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 5:55:42 PM

thanks jack you are the man
February 4, 2005 7:30:50 PM

have you tried reading the manual?

"maskal" <maskal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> okay here is scenario, i am in a big corporate network with internet
> connection filesharing and all the likes , my objective is to link 3
> computers together wirelessly and then use the internet connection from
the
> lan for all of them , i have bought the mn700 already , how can i go about
> this , and will i be able to see and share files with the computers in the
> parent network
> --
> confused boy
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 7:30:51 PM

Dave is my new hero!

--

"Dave" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> have you tried reading the manual?
>
> "maskal" <maskal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> okay here is scenario, i am in a big corporate network with internet
>> connection filesharing and all the likes , my objective is to link 3
>> computers together wirelessly and then use the internet connection from
> the
>> lan for all of them , i have bought the mn700 already , how can i go
>> about
>> this , and will i be able to see and share files with the computers in
>> the
>> parent network
>> --
>> confused boy

February 4, 2005 11:15:13 PM

i almost told him to just "plug it in and try it" that is the most common
method of adding an access point.

news:o zm9%237tCFHA.1932@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

!