ASUS CUW-AM Motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
July 11, 2005 7:36:40 AM

Hi, I am new here so please forgive me if this has been discussed
before, but Is there a website with the full specs of this ASUS CUW-AM
Mobo or does anybody know what the maximum Processor speed is for it?
I am using a HP Pavilion 7810 (UK) I am currently running at 700MHz
with a Intel Celeron Processor.
I have had alot of answers between 800MHz and 1.2GHz
Thanks

Gareth

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ASUS-CUW-Motherboard-ftop...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=297596

More about : asus cuw motherboard

July 13, 2005 7:32:06 PM

On 11 Jul 2005 03:36:40 -0400, Gareth7810
<UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote:

>Hi, I am new here so please forgive me if this has been discussed
>before, but Is there a website with the full specs of this ASUS CUW-AM
>Mobo or does anybody know what the maximum Processor speed is for it?
>I am using a HP Pavilion 7810 (UK) I am currently running at 700MHz
>with a Intel Celeron Processor.
>I have had alot of answers between 800MHz and 1.2GHz
>Thanks

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=e...

I wonder if the board is identical to asus mew-am which also has intel
810 chipset.

Manual and bios for that can be found on:
ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/HANDBUCH/Motherboard/S...

bios:
ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Socket_370/INTEL_...

I have experience with asus cuwe-fx. It has Intel 810 chipset. The ftp
site contains a beta bios. I am using that and have no problem with a
P3 1133. Beware of tualatins (1.5 volt), - they are NOT compatible. So
a 1133 with 1.75 volt is about maximum fast processor (coppermine).

Take care with bios. Wrong flash might ruin the board.

Try first with your current bios. Multiplier is locked. So the
processor boots with correct speed anyway. Maybe the bios cannot write
the correct posting string. But this is unimportant. Test the speed
with cpu-z.

best regards

John
!