help with halo pc

Last response: in Video Games
January 23, 2005 7:53:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

hi

I am trying to play halo on pc multiplayer via connecting to gamespy
arcade. I can get in their servers and join games and host games. My nephew
just got the pc halo also and we are trying to play by one of us hosting and
other joining. We can't seem to see the game other hosts. We also tried to
join game that was hosted by 3rd party but we can't seem to see same games
on server list. I am using router and we tried dmz hosting. Why aren't we
seeing same games on server?

thanks

James

More about : halo

January 23, 2005 11:10:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Just use the Multi-player option on the main Halo screen, and try connecting
with your nphew's IP address. That wy it will be a sure find for the server
you are looking for.
Another thing to keep in mind, sometimes server lists are different per
computer due to ping/connection quality. That may be why you dont get the
same results when searching for servers.

"veris and amee young" <verisyoung@comcast.net> wrote in message
> hi
>
> I am trying to play halo on pc multiplayer via connecting to gamespy
> arcade. I can get in their servers and join games and host games. My
nephew
> just got the pc halo also and we are trying to play by one of us hosting
and
> other joining. We can't seem to see the game other hosts. We also tried to
> join game that was hosted by 3rd party but we can't seem to see same games
> on server list. I am using router and we tried dmz hosting. Why aren't we
> seeing same games on server?
>
> thanks
>
> James

January 24, 2005 2:07:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

"veris and amee young" <verisyoung@comcast.net> wrote in message
> hi
>
> I am trying to play halo on pc multiplayer via connecting to gamespy
> arcade. I can get in their servers and join games and host games. My
nephew
> just got the pc halo also and we are trying to play by one of us hosting
and
> other joining. We can't seem to see the game other hosts. We also tried to
> join game that was hosted by 3rd party but we can't seem to see same games
> on server list. I am using router and we tried dmz hosting. Why aren't we
> seeing same games on server?

Make sure you have all your server filters set appropriately to find it.
You may want to set up port forwarding for 2302 to the server machine and
add the following switch to the command line, say if your ip was 12.34.56.78

halo.exe -ip 78.56.34.12
January 24, 2005 7:50:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Make sure you are both running the same version. I think the newest is 1.06.
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 2:38:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

"veris and amee young" <verisyoung@comcast.net> wrote in message
> hi
>
> I am trying to play halo on pc multiplayer via connecting to gamespy
> arcade. I can get in their servers and join games and host games. My
> nephew just got the pc halo also and we are trying to play by one of
> us hosting and other joining. We can't seem to see the game other
> hosts. We also tried to join game that was hosted by 3rd party but we
> can't seem to see same games on server list. I am using router and we
> tried dmz hosting. Why aren't we seeing same games on server?
>
> thanks
>
> James

If you have any hack running, like the NoCD crack, then whoever is
running that won't show up on the gamespy master server at all. Other
than that, if you are running the normal Halo, make sure that you're
looking for the right server name, IP, etc.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 7:17:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

If you have zonealarm, set permissions for the program for access and server
to remember each time.

!