help with halo pc

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

hi

I am trying to play halo on pc multiplayer via connecting to gamespy
arcade. I can get in their servers and join games and host games. My nephew
just got the pc halo also and we are trying to play by one of us hosting and
other joining. We can't seem to see the game other hosts. We also tried to
join game that was hosted by 3rd party but we can't seem to see same games
on server list. I am using router and we tried dmz hosting. Why aren't we
seeing same games on server?

thanks

James
5 answers Last reply
More about help halo
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    Just use the Multi-player option on the main Halo screen, and try connecting
    with your nphew's IP address. That wy it will be a sure find for the server
    you are looking for.
    Another thing to keep in mind, sometimes server lists are different per
    computer due to ping/connection quality. That may be why you dont get the
    same results when searching for servers.

    "veris and amee young" <verisyoung@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > hi
    >
    > I am trying to play halo on pc multiplayer via connecting to gamespy
    > arcade. I can get in their servers and join games and host games. My
    nephew
    > just got the pc halo also and we are trying to play by one of us hosting
    and
    > other joining. We can't seem to see the game other hosts. We also tried to
    > join game that was hosted by 3rd party but we can't seem to see same games
    > on server list. I am using router and we tried dmz hosting. Why aren't we
    > seeing same games on server?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > James

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    "veris and amee young" <verisyoung@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > hi
    >
    > I am trying to play halo on pc multiplayer via connecting to gamespy
    > arcade. I can get in their servers and join games and host games. My
    nephew
    > just got the pc halo also and we are trying to play by one of us hosting
    and
    > other joining. We can't seem to see the game other hosts. We also tried to
    > join game that was hosted by 3rd party but we can't seem to see same games
    > on server list. I am using router and we tried dmz hosting. Why aren't we
    > seeing same games on server?

    Make sure you have all your server filters set appropriately to find it.
    You may want to set up port forwarding for 2302 to the server machine and
    add the following switch to the command line, say if your ip was 12.34.56.78

    halo.exe -ip 78.56.34.12
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    Make sure you are both running the same version. I think the newest is 1.06.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    "veris and amee young" <verisyoung@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > hi
    >
    > I am trying to play halo on pc multiplayer via connecting to gamespy
    > arcade. I can get in their servers and join games and host games. My
    > nephew just got the pc halo also and we are trying to play by one of
    > us hosting and other joining. We can't seem to see the game other
    > hosts. We also tried to join game that was hosted by 3rd party but we
    > can't seem to see same games on server list. I am using router and we
    > tried dmz hosting. Why aren't we seeing same games on server?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > James

    If you have any hack running, like the NoCD crack, then whoever is
    running that won't show up on the gamespy master server at all. Other
    than that, if you are running the normal Halo, make sure that you're
    looking for the right server name, IP, etc.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    If you have zonealarm, set permissions for the program for access and server
    to remember each time.

    "veris and amee young" <verisyoung@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > hi
    >
    > I am trying to play halo on pc multiplayer via connecting to gamespy
    > arcade. I can get in their servers and join games and host games. My
    > nephew just got the pc halo also and we are trying to play by one of us
    > hosting and other joining. We can't seem to see the game other hosts. We
    > also tried to join game that was hosted by 3rd party but we can't seem to
    > see same games on server list. I am using router and we tried dmz hosting.
    > Why aren't we seeing same games on server?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > James

Games Servers Video Games