IBM ThinkPad 600X upgrade to Windows XP

Hello!

I just purchased a refurbished IBM ThinkPad 600X running
Windows 2000. I would like to upgrade the OS to Windows
XP Professional, but I'm not sure if this would conflict
with the hardware. Is this possible and does it cause any
problems?

Thanks!

You would be well advised to check out the IBM support site first..