Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

I don't know if this has been answered but I need to ask. I want to run 4 -
SATA drives to store various information I can use the SATA1/2 for two of
the drives. Can I use the SATA RAID 1/2 connections for the other 2 drives I
don't want to use RAID on this I just want to hook the drives up. I have
also noticed that in Device Manager that it doesn't show anything about
these two SATA RAID connections, how do I get these to show up did I miss
installing the Promise driver on my build and if so how do I get this going?

--
Don Carlson - 371653

Yes you can. You need to set the Promise controller in the Bios to IDE, Then
load the Promise driver for windows which is the IDE driver not the Raid
driver. You can download this from www.asus.com I you don't already have it.

Monty
"Don" <cpupro@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I don't know if this has been answered but I need to ask. I want to run 4 -
>SATA drives to store various information I can use the SATA1/2 for two of
>the drives. Can I use the SATA RAID 1/2 connections for the other 2 drives
>I don't want to use RAID on this I just want to hook the drives up. I have
>also noticed that in Device Manager that it doesn't show anything about
>these two SATA RAID connections, how do I get these to show up did I miss
>installing the Promise driver on my build and if so how do I get this
>going?
>
> --
> Don Carlson - 371653

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Thanks for the information and I did get the most recent drivers. I still
have the question of how do you install the drivers? If I make a floppy of
this material how does it see this information to load this?

--
Don Carlson {371653}
"monty" <monty@phython.com> wrote in message
> Yes you can. You need to set the Promise controller in the Bios to IDE,
> Then load the Promise driver for windows which is the IDE driver not the
> Raid driver. You can download this from www.asus.com I you don't already
> have it.
>
> Monty
> "Don" <cpupro@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I don't know if this has been answered but I need to ask. I want to run
>>4 - SATA drives to store various information I can use the SATA1/2 for two
>>of the drives. Can I use the SATA RAID 1/2 connections for the other 2
>>drives I don't want to use RAID on this I just want to hook the drives up.
>>I have also noticed that in Device Manager that it doesn't show anything
>>about these two SATA RAID connections, how do I get these to show up did I
>>miss installing the Promise driver on my build and if so how do I get this
>>going?
>>
>> --
>> Don Carlson - 371653

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

My system doesn't show SCSI in Device Manager all that line I have changed
everything in the BIOS but this doesn't show up, how do I get this back to
try and set this up to use 4 SATA drives?

--
Don Carlson {371653}