Solved

Windows 7 discount for students question.

I paid for the upgrade full price before I found out students could get windows for only 30 bucks, is there anyway to like get reimbursed and get windows at that price?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows discount students question
  1. If you haven't opened the box, you should be able to return it, perhaps paying a restocking fee if you bought it online. If the package is opened, a return is doubtful, maybe depending on the employee you get a hold of. If you've used the key already, I don't think there's anything you can do.
  2. shawne said:
    Darn

I guess that means you've already used the key... Too bad. Maybe MS would do something for you if you called their hotline, but I doubt it.
  3. Yeah I'm in windows 7 already, quick question, if i can't upgrade windows 7 32 bit to 64 does that mean I have to purchase windows 7 64 bit?
  4. Best answer
    When you buy Windows 7 it comes with 32 bits AND 64 bits. (2 DVD but only 1 key)
    If you activate one version you cant activate the other one and vice versa. But the same key works either for 32 bits or 64 bits.
  5. So...if I bought it online, does that mean I could download what I bought and install it again as 64 bit with the same key?
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7