Wireless IE connection

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
February 4, 2005 1:15:01 PM

I connect to my home wireless signal, which offers excellent reception. Once
I am connected, however, it will not allow me to connect to from Outlook or
IE, which my wife can do fine on her laptop connected to the same signal.
Any idea how I can fix the issue?
--
Brad

More about : wireless connection

February 4, 2005 5:38:15 PM

Hi
Having a good signal does not mean that you actually have a functional
connection.
Check if your computer has a viable IP assigned to it.
IP & MAC - http://www.ezlan.net/ip_mac.html
If it does not have a functional IP, Re-Configure your Wireless.
Wireless - Basic: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I connect to my home wireless signal, which offers excellent reception.
Once
> I am connected, however, it will not allow me to connect to from Outlook
or
> IE, which my wife can do fine on her laptop connected to the same signal.
> Any idea how I can fix the issue?
> --
> Brad
February 4, 2005 5:38:16 PM

I've got an IP address. In fact, my computer will work on any other signal
other than the one I have at home. Yet any other computer will work on my
signal.

"Jack" wrote:

> Hi
> Having a good signal does not mean that you actually have a functional
> connection.
> Check if your computer has a viable IP assigned to it.
> IP & MAC - http://www.ezlan.net/ip_mac.html
> If it does not have a functional IP, Re-Configure your Wireless.
> Wireless - Basic: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I connect to my home wireless signal, which offers excellent reception.
> Once
> > I am connected, however, it will not allow me to connect to from Outlook
> or
> > IE, which my wife can do fine on her laptop connected to the same signal.
> > Any idea how I can fix the issue?
> > --
> > Brad

Anonymous