Wireless IE connection

I connect to my home wireless signal, which offers excellent reception. Once
I am connected, however, it will not allow me to connect to from Outlook or
IE, which my wife can do fine on her laptop connected to the same signal.
Any idea how I can fix the issue?
--
Brad
3 answers Last reply

    Hi
    Having a good signal does not mean that you actually have a functional
    connection.
    Check if your computer has a viable IP assigned to it.
    IP & MAC - http://www.ezlan.net/ip_mac.html
    If it does not have a functional IP, Re-Configure your Wireless.
    Wireless - Basic: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I connect to my home wireless signal, which offers excellent reception.
    Once
    > I am connected, however, it will not allow me to connect to from Outlook
    or
    > IE, which my wife can do fine on her laptop connected to the same signal.
    > Any idea how I can fix the issue?
    > --
    > Brad

    I've got an IP address. In fact, my computer will work on any other signal
    other than the one I have at home. Yet any other computer will work on my
    signal.

    "Jack" wrote:

    > Hi
    > Having a good signal does not mean that you actually have a functional
    > connection.
    > Check if your computer has a viable IP assigned to it.
    > IP & MAC - http://www.ezlan.net/ip_mac.html
    > If it does not have a functional IP, Re-Configure your Wireless.
    > Wireless - Basic: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >

    > "Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I connect to my home wireless signal, which offers excellent reception.
    > Once
    > > I am connected, however, it will not allow me to connect to from Outlook
    > or
    > > IE, which my wife can do fine on her laptop connected to the same signal.
    > > Any idea how I can fix the issue?
    > > --
    > > Brad

    Check your router for MAC filtering.
    --
    Joseph

    > I've got an IP address. In fact, my computer will work on any other
    signal
    > other than the one I have at home. Yet any other computer will work on my
    > signal.
    >
    > "Jack" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > > Having a good signal does not mean that you actually have a functional
    > > connection.
    > > Check if your computer has a viable IP assigned to it.
    > > IP & MAC - http://www.ezlan.net/ip_mac.html
    > > If it does not have a functional IP, Re-Configure your Wireless.
    > > Wireless - Basic Configuration:
    > > Wireless - Basic: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
    > > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > >

    > > "Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > I connect to my home wireless signal, which offers excellent
    reception.
    > > Once
    > > > I am connected, however, it will not allow me to connect to from
    Outlook
    > > or
    > > > IE, which my wife can do fine on her laptop connected to the same
    signal.
    > > > Any idea how I can fix the issue?
    > > > --
    > > > Brad

Wireless Internet Explorer Connection Wireless Networking