asus A8V deluxe and AMD 4800+ dual core X2

I cannot get my new ASUS A8V deluxe and AMD 4800+ dual core
cpu to boot. Surely this motherboard will get up enough for me to
flash the bios ???

THanks,
Lynn

Paul

Splendid

In article <11d8cktgb5aija4@corp.supernews.com>, "Lynn McGuire"
<nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

> I cannot get my new ASUS A8V deluxe and AMD 4800+ dual core
> cpu to boot. Surely this motherboard will get up enough for me to
> flash the bios ???
>
> THanks,
> Lynn

One stick of RAM in slot B1 ?

Paul

>> I cannot get my new ASUS A8V deluxe and AMD 4800+ dual core
>> cpu to boot. Surely this motherboard will get up enough for me to
>> flash the bios ???
>
> One stick of RAM in slot B1 ?

Nope didnt help. I have swapped the video board from ATI 9800 Pro
to ATI 8600 Pro. My Ram sticks (2) are Crucial 1 GB DDR 400 CL3.

I found out my BIOS is 1012 and that I need BIOS 1013. I wonder if I
have to find an old cpu in order to get the BIOS upgraded. I am getting
no video or beeps whatsoever.

Thanks,
Lynn

Paul

Splendid

In article <11d8f9np1c6lc7a@corp.supernews.com>, "Lynn McGuire"
<nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

> >> I cannot get my new ASUS A8V deluxe and AMD 4800+ dual core
> >> cpu to boot. Surely this motherboard will get up enough for me to
> >> flash the bios ???
> >
> > One stick of RAM in slot B1 ?
>
> Nope didnt help. I have swapped the video board from ATI 9800 Pro
> to ATI 8600 Pro. My Ram sticks (2) are Crucial 1 GB DDR 400 CL3.
>
> I found out my BIOS is 1012 and that I need BIOS 1013. I wonder if I
> have to find an old cpu in order to get the BIOS upgraded. I am getting
> no video or beeps whatsoever.
>
> Thanks,
> Lynn

Are you sure the +12V 2x2 power plug is installed ?

I would have thought 1012 BIOS, since it supports a bunch
of Rev.E processors, would be good enough to get a response
from your processor.

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2465&p=2

Paul

Copied from an earlier post.

"Rename the new bios A8v.rom(it should be something like a8v1013.ami),
and copy the renamed new bios (A8v.rom) to a floppy. Then start the
computer with the floppy disk in the drive while pressing alt F2
repeatedly. This will start a bios erase/rewrite program, which
upgrades
the bios. I had the same problem and this worked perfectly."

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:59:18 -0500, "Lynn McGuire" <nospam@nospam.com>
wrote:

>>> I cannot get my new ASUS A8V deluxe and AMD 4800+ dual core
>>> cpu to boot. Surely this motherboard will get up enough for me to
>>> flash the bios ???
>>
>> One stick of RAM in slot B1 ?
>
>Nope didnt help. I have swapped the video board from ATI 9800 Pro
>to ATI 8600 Pro. My Ram sticks (2) are Crucial 1 GB DDR 400 CL3.
>
>I found out my BIOS is 1012 and that I need BIOS 1013. I wonder if I
>have to find an old cpu in order to get the BIOS upgraded. I am getting
>no video or beeps whatsoever.
>
>Thanks,
>Lynn

Lenster

You know you've been on the computer too long when...
You start double clicking the TV remote!

Remove YourNightgown to reply by email

> "Rename the new bios A8v.rom(it should be something like a8v1013.ami),
> and copy the renamed new bios (A8v.rom) to a floppy. Then start the
> computer with the floppy disk in the drive while pressing alt F2
> repeatedly. This will start a bios erase/rewrite program, which
> upgrades
> the bios. I had the same problem and this worked perfectly."

I tried that. I get no floppy access at all (no seek). No beep.

I get the led light on the motherboard and the cpu fan turns on.

Nothing else turns on (like the keybaord led's).

Thanks,
Lynn

> Are you sure the +12V 2x2 power plug is installed ?

yes.

> I would have thought 1012 BIOS, since it supports a bunch
> of Rev.E processors, would be good enough to get a response
> from your processor.
>
> http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2465&p=2

me too. Something is seriously wrong here.

THanks,
Lynn

>I cannot get my new ASUS A8V deluxe and AMD 4800+ dual core
> cpu to boot. Surely this motherboard will get up enough for me to
> flash the bios ???

This problem was fixed by putting in a AMD 3200+ cpu and upgrading
the BIOS to 1013. I put the dual core 4800+ cpu back in and all is OK
now.

Lynn