asus A8V deluxe and AMD 4800+ dual core X2

I cannot get my new ASUS A8V deluxe and AMD 4800+ dual core
cpu to boot. Surely this motherboard will get up enough for me to
flash the bios ???

THanks,
Lynn
7 answers Last reply
More about asus deluxe 4800 dual core

    In article <11d8cktgb5aija4@corp.supernews.com>, "Lynn McGuire"
    <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

    > I cannot get my new ASUS A8V deluxe and AMD 4800+ dual core
    > cpu to boot. Surely this motherboard will get up enough for me to
    > flash the bios ???
    >
    > THanks,
    > Lynn

    One stick of RAM in slot B1 ?

    Paul

    >> I cannot get my new ASUS A8V deluxe and AMD 4800+ dual core
    >> cpu to boot. Surely this motherboard will get up enough for me to
    >> flash the bios ???
    >
    > One stick of RAM in slot B1 ?

    Nope didnt help. I have swapped the video board from ATI 9800 Pro
    to ATI 8600 Pro. My Ram sticks (2) are Crucial 1 GB DDR 400 CL3.

    I found out my BIOS is 1012 and that I need BIOS 1013. I wonder if I
    have to find an old cpu in order to get the BIOS upgraded. I am getting
    no video or beeps whatsoever.

    Thanks,
    Lynn

    In article <11d8f9np1c6lc7a@corp.supernews.com>, "Lynn McGuire"
    <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

    > >> I cannot get my new ASUS A8V deluxe and AMD 4800+ dual core
    > >> cpu to boot. Surely this motherboard will get up enough for me to
    > >> flash the bios ???
    > >
    > > One stick of RAM in slot B1 ?
    >
    > Nope didnt help. I have swapped the video board from ATI 9800 Pro
    > to ATI 8600 Pro. My Ram sticks (2) are Crucial 1 GB DDR 400 CL3.
    >
    > I found out my BIOS is 1012 and that I need BIOS 1013. I wonder if I
    > have to find an old cpu in order to get the BIOS upgraded. I am getting
    > no video or beeps whatsoever.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Lynn

    Are you sure the +12V 2x2 power plug is installed ?

    I would have thought 1012 BIOS, since it supports a bunch
    of Rev.E processors, would be good enough to get a response
    from your processor.

    http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2465&p=2

    Paul

    Copied from an earlier post.

    "Rename the new bios A8v.rom(it should be something like a8v1013.ami),
    and copy the renamed new bios (A8v.rom) to a floppy. Then start the
    computer with the floppy disk in the drive while pressing alt F2
    repeatedly. This will start a bios erase/rewrite program, which
    upgrades
    the bios. I had the same problem and this worked perfectly."

    On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:59:18 -0500, "Lynn McGuire" <nospam@nospam.com>
    wrote:

    >>> I cannot get my new ASUS A8V deluxe and AMD 4800+ dual core
    >>> cpu to boot. Surely this motherboard will get up enough for me to
    >>> flash the bios ???
    >>
    >> One stick of RAM in slot B1 ?
    >
    >Nope didnt help. I have swapped the video board from ATI 9800 Pro
    >to ATI 8600 Pro. My Ram sticks (2) are Crucial 1 GB DDR 400 CL3.
    >
    >I found out my BIOS is 1012 and that I need BIOS 1013. I wonder if I
    >have to find an old cpu in order to get the BIOS upgraded. I am getting
    >no video or beeps whatsoever.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Lynn

    Lenster

    You know you've been on the computer too long when...
    You start double clicking the TV remote!

    Remove YourNightgown to reply by email

    > "Rename the new bios A8v.rom(it should be something like a8v1013.ami),
    > and copy the renamed new bios (A8v.rom) to a floppy. Then start the
    > computer with the floppy disk in the drive while pressing alt F2
    > repeatedly. This will start a bios erase/rewrite program, which
    > upgrades
    > the bios. I had the same problem and this worked perfectly."

    I tried that. I get no floppy access at all (no seek). No beep.

    I get the led light on the motherboard and the cpu fan turns on.

    Nothing else turns on (like the keybaord led's).

    Thanks,
    Lynn

    > Are you sure the +12V 2x2 power plug is installed ?

    yes.

    > I would have thought 1012 BIOS, since it supports a bunch
    > of Rev.E processors, would be good enough to get a response
    > from your processor.
    >
    > http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2465&p=2

    me too. Something is seriously wrong here.

    THanks,
    Lynn

    >I cannot get my new ASUS A8V deluxe and AMD 4800+ dual core
    > cpu to boot. Surely this motherboard will get up enough for me to
    > flash the bios ???

    This problem was fixed by putting in a AMD 3200+ cpu and upgrading
    the BIOS to 1013. I put the dual core 4800+ cpu back in and all is OK
    now.

    Lynn

Asus AMD Dual Core Motherboards