P4C800-E 1394 Capture Problems

pilot

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2004

Cannot get 1394 ports to recognize my Camcorder. I have tried 2 different cameras, 4 different
1394 cables, Win XP Pro, SP1, SP2, and Win 98SE. Port is configured in Bios, and also in XP Device
Manager. No other cards present in PCI Slots. I Have also tried disabling the Motherboard 1394
port, and tried 2 different PCI Firewire Cards which also do not work. I am able to run an external
1394 Hard drive successfully, though sometimes intermittently on the Motherboard port. Is there a
problem with this Motherboard?

I have googled back and found some posts on this here over a year ago..but unfortunately most of the
threads end without a resolution. I have had this board for about 2 months...my Abit IC-7G died and
wanted to try this board. Love it, but the Firewire problems are really irritating. Any help would
really be appreciated.

RJ

(RE-POST OF MESSAGE .. no-archive flag was on!)

Herb

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

I had the same problem until I purchased a second firewire cable, this one
a bit pricier and with the "iLink" logo on it. Then all worked as
advertised to get my P4C800-E Deluxe CPU to see and transfer digits from
my Sony TRV480 camcorder. It must be that iLink spec is somehow different
from generic firewire.