jeff

I recently replaced the motherboard and CPU on my HP
Pavilion 514x, and now when I try to boot, XP start by
going to the selection screen (do you want safe mode, safe
mode w/ networking, last known good configuration, etc.)
and no matter which option I choose....it just reboots
itself and starts over. I can boot off of a cd-rom and
off floppy disk just fine w/ no problems. So I do not
suspect that it is a hardware failure problem. Could it
be that XP is rejecting my new board and CPU? Any
suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff

Changing a Motherboard or Moving a Hard Drive with XP Installed
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.html

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch