hardware change

I recently replaced the motherboard and CPU on my HP
Pavilion 514x, and now when I try to boot, XP start by
going to the selection screen (do you want safe mode, safe
mode w/ networking, last known good configuration, etc.)
and no matter which option I choose....it just reboots
itself and starts over. I can boot off of a cd-rom and
off floppy disk just fine w/ no problems. So I do not
suspect that it is a hardware failure problem. Could it
be that XP is rejecting my new board and CPU? Any
suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff
1 answer Last reply
More about hardware change

    Changing a Motherboard or Moving a Hard Drive with XP Installed
    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.html

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Jeff" wrote:

    | I recently replaced the motherboard and CPU on my HP
    | Pavilion 514x, and now when I try to boot, XP start by
    | going to the selection screen (do you want safe mode, safe
    | mode w/ networking, last known good configuration, etc.)
    | and no matter which option I choose....it just reboots
    | itself and starts over. I can boot off of a cd-rom and
    | off floppy disk just fine w/ no problems. So I do not
    | suspect that it is a hardware failure problem. Could it
    | be that XP is rejecting my new board and CPU? Any
    | suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly
    | appreciated. Thanks.
    |
    | Jeff

Hardware Windows XP