Hard Drive

kelly

I have a brand new HP pc that came with a 160gb serial
hard drive. I added a new 160gb hard drive and connected
to via ide to serial adapter. I cannot get windows xp to
format it above 32gb.
Can anyone help me please?

Hello

See link below.

How to Enable 48-bit Logical Block Addressing Support for ATAPI Disk
Drives in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303013

Alvin