Flash Disk doesn't appear as a removable device

Jd

I have a USB Flash Disk (SanDisk Cruzer Mini 128mb USB
2.0 - compatible with USB 1.1) that does not appear in
the list of removable devices when connected to the PC.
My Windows XP Pro has been updated for the latest drivers
(windowsupdate.com). When I insert the device,
the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon appears in the system
tray, so Windows does recognize the flash drive. It just
won't let me use it since it won't appear as a usable
device. Anyone have any clue what is wrong here?

Thanks

Skip

See if this helps. Right on My Computer , then click on manage, then
I think it is either "Storage Device" or the Removebal Device. What
you want to do is make sure that the drive letter for the Flash Disk
is correct. You can actually set it by right clicking on the device
in the right panel and then change the drive letter to what you want.
Also you can go to the help and enter drive letters and that will also
tell you how to change the letter. My reason for being a little hazy
is I am on a Win 98 right now and doing this from the gray matter.
Let us know how you make out.

Dan (Still going in circles)
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 06:54:57 -0700, "JD"