hp d155xi "out of paper"

lew

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

We are having problems with out HP officejet d155 printer. The "out
of paper" error message is on even though there is paper - this has
grown worse over time and is now to the point where it is virtually
always on. I suspect this is due to a paper sensor problem but I am
unable to see where the sensor is. Has anyone else had this problem
or know how the printer senes when there is paper?

Thank you for any help

Lew

lew

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Hi all,

To answer my own question, it turns out that the bottom paper tray,
which is really an accessory, was broken. The out of paper is sensor
only sees if paper gets fed into the axle. So if no paper comes up
from the bottom tray it just assumes there's no paper. There was a
little plastic gear in the tray which was broken. We just bought the
whole tray rather than try to find the part. it was easy to buy
through HP

Lew