Hi all i would love to read any comment from you on the at..

Hi all i would love to read any comment from you
on the ati x700 pro 256 mbs...

I plan to pgrade from an ati 9800pro 128 mbs
And i would apreaciate to know more about the
gddr3 and advantage of the pixel shader 3.

I've read to that this video card the x700pro
256mb as a video in. Is this true.

And finaly i've read to that there is not mych
dfference between the two cards : ati 9800pro and
the x700pro, in therm of 3d application. It that
correct?

thank you.

Paul

Splendid

In article <aqhbd11aob97hl7cm058tjs1ffes6u91j3@4ax.com>, bizbiz wrote:

> Hi all i would love to read any comment from you
> on the ati x700 pro 256 mbs...
>
> I plan to pgrade from an ati 9800pro 128 mbs
> And i would apreaciate to know more about the
> gddr3 and advantage of the pixel shader 3.
>
> I've read to that this video card the x700pro
> 256mb as a video in. Is this true.
>
> And finaly i've read to that there is not mych
> dfference between the two cards : ati 9800pro and
> the x700pro, in therm of 3d application. It that
> correct?
>

> thank you.

ATI products that have VIVO (video in, video out connectors)
usually have "All In Wonder" or AIW as part of the product
name. Your x700pro is just a video card, without hardware
VIVO capability, as near as I can tell.

According to the ATI web page, the x700pro has "VideoShader HD"
for "improved DVD playback", and that is for watching
DVD movies.

This is an example of an ATI PCI-Express card with the AIW
name. Video I/O is via a breakout cable:

http://www.newegg.com/OldVersion/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-463&depa=0
Some pictures:
http://www.newegg.com/OldVersion/app/Showimage.asp?image=14-102-463-01.jpg/14-102-463-02.jpg/14-102-463-03.jpg/14-102-463-04.jpg/14-102-463-05.jpg/14-102-463-06.jpg&CurImage=14-102-463-04.jpg

HTH,