frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have 4 pc's that were updated with Win XP SP2. All pc's
connect to the internet via router (Linksys model
BEFSR41 - router with 4 port switch - not wireless) and
through a cable modem. After downloading SP2 and applied
to all pc's, I loose internet connection (time varies
from 3 minutes to an hour), however, if I connect the pc
directly to the cable modem, I do not loose conectivity.
The error messahe I get in the Local Area Network status
window is "limited or no connectivity". Spent endless
hours with Linksys support team and got nowhere. Any
ideas of what may be wrong please e-mail me directly at
fverges@wi.rr.com. Thanks

Sam

Sometime on, or about Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:32:59 -0700, Frank wrote:

> I have 4 pc's that were updated with Win XP SP2. All pc's
> connect to the internet via router (Linksys model
> BEFSR41 - router with 4 port switch - not wireless) and
> through a cable modem. After downloading SP2 and applied
> to all pc's, I loose internet connection (time varies
> from 3 minutes to an hour), however, if I connect the pc
> directly to the cable modem, I do not loose conectivity.
> The error messahe I get in the Local Area Network status
> window is "limited or no connectivity". Spent endless
> hours with Linksys support team and got nowhere. Any
> ideas of what may be wrong please e-mail me directly at
> fverges@wi.rr.com. Thanks

Are you using a firewall? If so, which one? It sounds like it's not
configured properly.

Sam
--
To mail me, please get rid of the BS first