Halo 2 Ending...

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

I heard a lot and read about people dissapointed with Halo 2's ending.
But if you were Microsoft, what ending would you make?
remember a final ending means no Halo 3...

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

When you play for hours and hours and want a good ending, you should get
one. You could make a final ending and make a prequel for Halo 3, or make a
final ending and just have a different war for halo 3. Just like in real
life, just because a war has ended doesn't mean another one won't pop up
later.

eichler4 wrote:
> When you play for hours and hours and want a good ending, you should
get
> one. You could make a final ending and make a prequel for Halo 3, or
make a
> final ending and just have a different war for halo 3. Just like in
real
> life, just because a war has ended doesn't mean another one won't pop
up
> later.

What would have been a good was at the end of halo 1 was that Cortana
could have been captured and then all the information about Earth would
have been in the hands of the covenant. Halo 2 could have been entirely
fought on Earth as revenge for destroying halo. The Ending of Halo 2
could have been soo much better with perhaps plans on building a new
halo.

> What would have been a good was at the end of halo 1 was that Cortana
> could have been captured and then all the information about Earth would
> have been in the hands of the covenant. Halo 2 could have been entirely
> fought on Earth as revenge for destroying halo. The Ending of Halo 2
> could have been soo much better with perhaps plans on building a new
> halo.

Didn't it say in the game that a total of 7 Halo-type space stations were
built? So technically, you could have a whole series of games, each one
with the goal of destroying a different ring, and still maintain continuity.

SamuelF566@AOL.COM wrote:
> I heard a lot and read about people dissapointed with Halo 2's ending.
> But if you were Microsoft, what ending would you make?
> remember a final ending means no Halo 3...

The whole hype and expectation of Halo 2 was that you were to save Earth
from the Covenant amarda. All you got was a small task force, a small
skirmish on Earth and then you were out at space again only to find that
you have to save earth from the covenant armada that was suppose to form
the basis of Halo 2.

The realisation that you need to wait for the next installment of Halo
to achieve what was expected for Halo 2 was in itself the overwhelmeing
disappointment.

SamuelF566@AOL.COM wrote:
> I heard a lot and read about people dissapointed with Halo 2's ending.
> But if you were Microsoft, what ending would you make?
> remember a final ending means no Halo 3...

The whole hype and expectation of Halo 2 was that you were to save Earth
from the Covenant amarda. All you got was a small task force, a small
skirmish on Earth and then you were out at space again only to find that
you have to save earth from the covenant armada that was suppose to form
the basis of Halo 2.

The realisation that you need to wait for the next installment of Halo
to achieve what was expected for Halo 2 was in itself the overwhelmeing
disappointment.

Al

"Paul Fedorenko" <pfedorenko@bite-me.look.ca> wrote in message

> <SamuelF566@AOL.COM> wrote in message
>
> > What would have been a good was at the end of halo 1 was that Cortana
> > could have been captured and then all the information about Earth would
> > have been in the hands of the covenant. Halo 2 could have been entirely
> > fought on Earth as revenge for destroying halo. The Ending of Halo 2
> > could have been soo much better with perhaps plans on building a new
> > halo.
>
> Didn't it say in the game that a total of 7 Halo-type space stations were
> built? So technically, you could have a whole series of games, each one
> with the goal of destroying a different ring, and still maintain
continuity.

I want to go to a ring that's close to the Covenant but away from Earth and
activate it.