Persistently BSOD with WinXP SP1a

My PC get a BSOD at every start of WinXP.
The login screen appears - thereafter the BSOD
with 0x00000050 at various adresses - then the
PC reset in an endless loop.

"safe mode" doesn't work - the login screen
doesn't appear and the PC reset immediately.

"recovery console" doesn't work,
after I press the number 1 for the operating
system the same BSOD appears.

"reinstall" doesn't work, after I press F8
for the licencing terms, the same BSOD appear.

No failure in memory and hard disk.
(Tested with low level diagnose programms).

The PC has a Spacewalker HOT-591P mainboard,
Phoenix Award BIOS, a S3 Savage4 graphics card
and a Fujitsu MPD3043AT hard disk.

Has anyone a similar experience or perhaps a solution?

Thanks in advance from Detlev.

Even during a clean install it BSOD's? Have you tried WinXP without
SP1a or with SP2 instead? It really sounds like something is wrong with
the hardware. Have you tried unplugging all unnecessary devices such as
sound card, modem, etc. from the computer and booting up?

----
Nathan McNulty

DF wrote:
> My PC get a BSOD at every start of WinXP.
> The login screen appears - thereafter the BSOD
> with 0x00000050 at various adresses - then the
> PC reset in an endless loop.
>
> "safe mode" doesn't work - the login screen
> doesn't appear and the PC reset immediately.
>
> "recovery console" doesn't work,
> after I press the number 1 for the operating
> system the same BSOD appears.
>
> "reinstall" doesn't work, after I press F8
> for the licencing terms, the same BSOD appear.
>
> No failure in memory and hard disk.
> (Tested with low level diagnose programms).
>
> The PC has a Spacewalker HOT-591P mainboard,
> Phoenix Award BIOS, a S3 Savage4 graphics card
> and a Fujitsu MPD3043AT hard disk.
>
> Has anyone a similar experience or perhaps a solution?
>
> Thanks in advance from Detlev.

WinXP has SP1a and I can't change this.
Unfortunately I haven't a simple graphics,
so I can't exchange the S3 Savage4.
Sound card is on board, other devices don't exist.
Which wrong hardware remains?