Will 2 Leadtek 6800 GT Cards fit A8N-SLI?

I'm considering the purchase of Leadtek 6800GT cards for my A8N-SLI
Premium. Will the coolers of these cards fit in slot spacing of this
motherboard?
5 answers Last reply
More about will leadtek 6800 cards

    "Scott" <scm207@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > I'm considering the purchase of Leadtek 6800GT cards for my A8N-SLI
    > Premium. Will the coolers of these cards fit in slot spacing of this
    > motherboard?

    The SLI slots are not adjacent, so yes they will fit. You will probably
    loose the use of the slot in between them.

    Scott wrote:
    > I'm considering the purchase of Leadtek 6800GT cards for my A8N-SLI
    > Premium. Will the coolers of these cards fit in slot spacing of this
    > motherboard?
    They may or not fit, but SLI is not supported...
    NBK

    > They may or not fit, but SLI is not supported...
    > NBK

    Is there something about the board? The card supports SLI

    http://www.leadtek.com/3d_graphic/winfast_px6800_gttdh_1.html

    Scott wrote:
    > I'm considering the purchase of Leadtek 6800GT cards for my A8N-SLI
    > Premium. Will the coolers of these cards fit in slot spacing of this
    > motherboard?

    I bought one of the first available Leadtek 6800GT's, which has a double
    slot cooler. It will leave enough room though for a second card to work
    in SLI - I know, because I have such a setup. Later Leadtek 6800GT's
    come with single slot cooler - I bought one of those too. Whichever you
    get, they fit and work fine on an Asus A8N SLI board.

    I must say I am very pleased with both cards, that clock to Ultra speeds
    with the stock cooling without any problems. The fans also spin down
    when the cards are not stressed (and need less cooling), making not so
    much noise.

    RJT

    On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:20:50 -0500, Scott <scm207@nospam.net> wrote:

    >> They may or not fit, but SLI is not supported...
    >> NBK
    >
    >Is there something about the board? The card supports SLI
    >
    >http://www.leadtek.com/3d_graphic/winfast_px6800_gttdh_1.html

    He's probably thinking of ATI cards, which need a compatible motherboard
    to do their SLI equivalent (a motherboard made by ATI, oddly enough...)

    Cheers - Jaimie

Asus Leadtek Motherboards SLI