Will 2 Leadtek 6800 GT Cards fit A8N-SLI?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
July 17, 2005 1:01:53 PM

I'm considering the purchase of Leadtek 6800GT cards for my A8N-SLI
Premium. Will the coolers of these cards fit in slot spacing of this
motherboard?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 17, 2005 1:14:07 PM

"Scott" <scm207@nospam.net> wrote in message
> I'm considering the purchase of Leadtek 6800GT cards for my A8N-SLI
> Premium. Will the coolers of these cards fit in slot spacing of this
> motherboard?

The SLI slots are not adjacent, so yes they will fit. You will probably
loose the use of the slot in between them.
July 17, 2005 7:14:28 PM

Scott wrote:
> I'm considering the purchase of Leadtek 6800GT cards for my A8N-SLI
> Premium. Will the coolers of these cards fit in slot spacing of this
> motherboard?
They may or not fit, but SLI is not supported...
NBK
a b V Motherboard
July 17, 2005 11:58:32 PM

Scott wrote:
> I'm considering the purchase of Leadtek 6800GT cards for my A8N-SLI
> Premium. Will the coolers of these cards fit in slot spacing of this
> motherboard?

I bought one of the first available Leadtek 6800GT's, which has a double
slot cooler. It will leave enough room though for a second card to work
in SLI - I know, because I have such a setup. Later Leadtek 6800GT's
come with single slot cooler - I bought one of those too. Whichever you
get, they fit and work fine on an Asus A8N SLI board.

I must say I am very pleased with both cards, that clock to Ultra speeds
with the stock cooling without any problems. The fans also spin down
when the cards are not stressed (and need less cooling), making not so
much noise.

RJT
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 19, 2005 6:45:03 PM

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:20:50 -0500, Scott <scm207@nospam.net> wrote:

>> They may or not fit, but SLI is not supported...
>> NBK
>
>Is there something about the board? The card supports SLI
>
>http://www.leadtek.com/3d_graphic/winfast_px6800_gttdh_...

He's probably thinking of ATI cards, which need a compatible motherboard
to do their SLI equivalent (a motherboard made by ATI, oddly enough...)

Cheers - Jaimie
!