A8V Deluxe 4x512MB DDR400 Support?

Hello.

I have the subject motherboard and cannot get it to run 4x512MB DDR400
Mushkin memory. I have tried auto and manual settings per the memory
specification. It will only run at DDR333 no matter the settings.
Latest BIOS (1013). CPU 3200+ Venice core.

Any comments or suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about deluxe 4x512mb ddr400 support

    In article <dcuCe.161724$_o.97599@attbi_s71>, PB <p00lb0y@insightbb.com> wrote:

    > Hello.
    >
    > I have the subject motherboard and cannot get it to run 4x512MB DDR400
    > Mushkin memory. I have tried auto and manual settings per the memory
    > specification. It will only run at DDR333 no matter the settings.
    > Latest BIOS (1013). CPU 3200+ Venice core.
    >
    > Any comments or suggestions?

    And you tried setting Command Rate 2T ?

    Verify your settings with CPUZ ( www.cpuid.com ) or download a copy
    of a64tweaker. I've had trouble on another board, where the BIOS
    settings weren't actually being used to program the hardware, so
    verifying things in Windows is a good idea. At least try Command
    Rate 2T and test with memtest86+, to avoid corrupting your OS install.
    If it does a couple passes in memtest86+ error free, then it might be
    safe to boot into the OS. You could also try boosting Vdimm, using
    2.7V as a starting point. And if all else fails, go back to two
    sticks and figure out exactly what the BIOS is doing, when you
    change settings in there.

    I think a previous poster tried DDR333 Command Rate 1T and
    DDR400 Command Rate 2T, and got better results at the DDR400
    rate, even with the 2T penalty.

    Paul

Asus Support Memory Motherboards