CD R Drive

September 11, 2004 1:24:32 PM

I have a CD and DVD R on my computer though I have just
tried to burn a cd and it's saying 'no CD recordable
drive detected'I know i have one as i used it three weeks
ago. I have restored my computer to an earlier date when
it worked but still no success. Is there an easy way to
reinstall it.?

More about : drive

September 11, 2004 2:20:56 PM

/GW/ said:

> I have a CD and DVD R on my computer though I have just
> tried to burn a cd and it's saying 'no CD recordable
> drive detected. I know I have one as I used it three weeks
> ago. I have restored my computer to an earlier date when
> it worked but still no success. Is there an easy way to
> reinstall it.?

In Windows Explorer, right-click on that drive, click PROPERTIES, then the
RECORD tab and see that recording is enabled.

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org