USB mass storage: memory stick not recognized

September 11, 2004 2:41:06 PM

Hi,
I have a SiS 7001 PCI-to-USB Controller which works fine with my DigCam but
doesn't recognize the USB memory stick. The memory stick is okay, I tried it
at another Computer.
I have tried all of the things described in
http://www.usbman.com/Guides/SiS%20USB%20Tips%20and%20T... but it
didn't help.
I found out that the file "usbstor.sys" is missing in
C:/Windows/System32/Drivers and downloaded it from the Internet to that
place, but it didn't help. I also changed the drivers for USB to "Standard
OpenHCD USB-Hostcontroller". Now I am out of ideas and I try this newsgroup
as I think the problem is on Microsofts side.

OS: WinXP (with ServicePack2)
USB Memory Stick: GoChip(TM) USB2.0 Flash Drive Controller

I appreciate any help and comments. You can also contact me directly via MSN
Messenger (daveboy_323@hotmail.com) or ICQ (145840208).

Thanks a lot!
David
Anonymous
a b } Memory
September 12, 2004 12:08:09 AM

could be a service pack 2 issue, take this up with Microsoft would be my
advise
September 12, 2004 12:08:10 AM

it didn't work before either, that's why I installed SP2... :-(

"Olabisi Awoyele" wrote:

> could be a service pack 2 issue, take this up with Microsoft would be my
> advise

September 12, 2004 12:08:10 AM

It didn't work before either. I downloaded and installed SP2 only for that
reason. :(

!