No Connection Until WLAN Utility is Run

I just installed an Airlink wireless card in an old Win 98se laptop. When
the laptop starts, there is no connection to the router (Linksys WRT54G). I
have no Internet access and the laptop cannot see the other two PCs on the
network. However, if I run the WLAN utility program that came with the card,
after a couple of seconds the connection is established and I'm fine until
the next reboot. Running the utility should not be needed before getting a
connection, right?

Thanks

It is required in windows 98se. In XP it will not be necesary.....

"undaunted1" <undaunted1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just installed an Airlink wireless card in an old Win 98se laptop. When
>the laptop starts, there is no connection to the router (Linksys WRT54G). I
>have no Internet access and the laptop cannot see the other two PCs on the
>network. However, if I run the WLAN utility program that came with the
>card, after a couple of seconds the connection is established and I'm fine
>until the next reboot. Running the utility should not be needed before
>getting a connection, right?
>
> Thanks

Dave

Distinguished