Directx 9 Errors on Win 7 Directx 11

naomipdx

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
I *WAS* having this problem trying to play RIFT Beta, however, a quick search of your forum gave me just the answer that solved my problem. The launcher would start, then I would click play, and a directx update window would open, when I clicked the next button on the installer for directx (the window did not provide a version), I would get the error box telling me to look in my directx.log file, which contained many lines of error code about missing cab files. I then used the link provided in a closed thread on this forum that took me to the Microsoft Directx software page, I downloaded the latest rev of the runtime sdk kit, after 6 minutes of installation, RIFT launched perfectly. I wanted to say thank you for the help!! I have Win7 home premium 64bit running on a standard shelf version of an hp box with intel i3 core and intel onboard video... Here is the link I used:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3

Happy gaming!! :sol:

bigdogchris

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
I always recommend using that web installer. It pulls down exactly what you need and nothing that you don't.

Some people still are using the full package installers which I think is a complete mistake, especially with Windows Vista and 7 (DX 10/11 compatible).

benderb

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
That did not work for me at all kept getting the same error message. I finally found a application in the directx file in syswow64 called directxsetup and ran that and that finally fixed the problem after 3 hrs of trying every solution i found on the forums. hope that keeps some others from spending many fruitless hrs trying to fix this.

stephenMM

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011

Alright so Im having the same problem with rift, im doing a trial right now and im trying to download the game client and it tells me my Directx 9 install needs to be updated and it gives me a box to install and directx runs and starts to instal but then i get the same error telling me to check my log. So, ive tried downloading the software in ur link and ive found many other fourms send me to the same link but when i try to install it i get the same error message telling me to check my directx.log. I've noticed on the forums that people with win7 64 that comes with DirectX 11 are mostly having this problem but they have seemed to find a way around it and ive tried everything theyve done and i can never get anything directx to install without getting that error message. I really want to try rift but im getting pretty frustrated. DirectX 11 is supposed to be backwards comapatible..

TRENDING THREADS