Monitor Refresh Rate

Have inherited a 19" CRT monitor, it is running at default at 1924 x 768 at
60MhZ I can see a very faint screen flicker. The Monitor has been found by
XP as a V7 95G, I have hidden the modes that cannot be displayed.
Should I run at the maximum refresh rate of 100Mhz or will this long-term
damage the monitor.

Andy B

1024 x 768 sorry finger trouble.
"Andy (The Fiddler)" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message
> Have inherited a 19" CRT monitor, it is running at default at 1924 x 768
> at 60MhZ I can see a very faint screen flicker. The Monitor has been found
> by XP as a V7 95G, I have hidden the modes that cannot be displayed.
> Should I run at the maximum refresh rate of 100Mhz or will this long-term
> damage the monitor.
>
> Andy B

1024x768 85 Hz

| 1024 x 768 sorry finger trouble.
| "Andy (The Fiddler)" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message
| > Have inherited a 19" CRT monitor, it is running at
default at 1924 x 768
| > at 60MhZ I can see a very faint screen flicker. The
Monitor has been found
| > by XP as a V7 95G, I have hidden the modes that cannot
be displayed.
| > Should I run at the maximum refresh rate of 100Mhz or
will this long-term
| > damage the monitor.
| >
| > Andy B

I always use the max refresh rate. There is no long-term damage dung this.

Frank

"Andy (The Fiddler)" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message
> Have inherited a 19" CRT monitor, it is running at default at 1924 x 768
> at 60MhZ I can see a very faint screen flicker. The Monitor has been found
> by XP as a V7 95G, I have hidden the modes that cannot be displayed.
> Should I run at the maximum refresh rate of 100Mhz or will this long-term
> damage the monitor.
>
> Andy B

Si

85MHz should get rid of the flicker and stop the headaches.

Si

--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal lobotomy.
"Andy (The Fiddler)" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message
> 1024 x 768 sorry finger trouble.
> "Andy (The Fiddler)" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message
>> Have inherited a 19" CRT monitor, it is running at default at 1924 x 768
>> at 60MhZ I can see a very faint screen flicker. The Monitor has been
>> found by XP as a V7 95G, I have hidden the modes that cannot be
>> displayed.
>> Should I run at the maximum refresh rate of 100Mhz or will this long-term
>> damage the monitor.
>>
>> Andy B

Except that it occasionally screws up the o and i keys on the keyboard.

Just had to do it!

"FrankV" <FrankV@anonymous.address> wrote in message
> I always use the max refresh rate. There is no long-term damage dung
this.

> Frank
>
> "Andy (The Fiddler)" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message
> > Have inherited a 19" CRT monitor, it is running at default at 1924 x 768
> > at 60MhZ I can see a very faint screen flicker. The Monitor has been
found
> > by XP as a V7 95G, I have hidden the modes that cannot be displayed.
> > Should I run at the maximum refresh rate of 100Mhz or will this
long-term
> > damage the monitor.
> >
> > Andy B

Nope. I see what you mean. I probably spelled it rong. I have the automatic
spell check before send where it probably found a really screwed up spelling
and found that as the best. Then to make it worse I have a tendency to
accept it without looking carefully.

Frank

"LVTravel" <none@nothere.com> wrote in message
> Except that it occasionally screws up the o and i keys on the keyboard.
>
> Just had to do it!
>

> "FrankV" <FrankV@anonymous.address> wrote in message
>> I always use the max refresh rate. There is no long-term damage dung
> this.
>>
>> Frank
>>
>> "Andy (The Fiddler)" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message
>> > Have inherited a 19" CRT monitor, it is running at default at 1924 x
>> > 768
>> > at 60MhZ I can see a very faint screen flicker. The Monitor has been
> found
>> > by XP as a V7 95G, I have hidden the modes that cannot be displayed.
>> > Should I run at the maximum refresh rate of 100Mhz or will this
> long-term
>> > damage the monitor.
>> >
>> > Andy B

Frank, I have looked at a few of my posts lately and I found that I have a
tendency to put in an extra word or even forget to put in a necessary word.
We all do make mistakes. Have a great day.