CPU Advice Needed! 2.66B to 3.0E or 3.2E big diff?

I have an:
ASUS P4C800 Deluxe
2x512MB Corsair 3200c2 LL
ATI X800 XL

Right now I have a p4 2.66b , 533mhz fsb and no HT

I am putting a lot of thought into a 3.0E or 3.2E which would gain me 800mhz
FSB and also HT.( as well as a gain of either 333 or 533Mhz)

Am i going to see any improvement? (its going to run around 200$ canadian
for the 3.0E)

I play games like battlefield 2 and I'm thinking that the 2.66ghz is holding
me back (plus the lower fsb) from having a lot better performance.

Disable all services and tasks that you don't need. If you have a
hardware firewall, disable your software firewall. Leave AV running.
Sygate and ZA both kill my game performance. LAG.

This alone gives me around 30% more game performance. About double my
FPS in UT2004. Probably less noticable on your system.

OC my GPU and I go up about 37% stable. Higher gives artifacts.

You probably already do this, though.

ceebee

"Richard Gnutered" <rugnuts49@sympatico.ca> wrote in
alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus:

> I play games like battlefield 2 and I'm thinking that the
> 2.66ghz is holding me back (plus the lower fsb) from having a
> lot better performance.

I doubt it. Videocard? RAM?

--
CeeBee