P4P800 E Deluxe SATA RAID 0. Any problems?

Hi All,

I am thinking of getting two 120GB SATA drives and RAID 0ing them.
This volume will be used as boot and most data like games, some video
editing etc.

Question: Anyone had problems with this (Except HD failure)?
Can the RAID support volumes? i.e. I do not want a 240GB C:. Would
rather have a 40GB C and the rest as D:
Is this supported?

Cheers,
Crispin
4 answers Last reply
More about p4p800 deluxe sata raid problems

    > I am thinking of getting two 120GB SATA drives and RAID 0ing them.
    > This volume will be used as boot and most data like games, some video
    > editing etc.
    > Question: Anyone had problems with this (Except HD failure)?

    We are a dealer and have had no problems running a RAID 0 array
    on that motherboard.

    > Can the RAID support volumes? i.e. I do not want a 240GB C:. Would
    > rather have a 40GB C and the rest as D: > Is this supported?

    Yes, you can set up multiple partitions like that.

    ---
    Kevin Chalker, Owner (KC COMPUTERS)
    E-mail: kc@kc-computers.com Web: www.kc-computers.com
    Internet dealer since 1991!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!

    Cool thanks guys... Busy hunting for nice (fastest) SATA drives now.

    Cheers,
    Crispin

    Yes
    I have the same setup running for 18 months-no problems
    Do it.
    <crispin.proctor@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am thinking of getting two 120GB SATA drives and RAID 0ing them.
    > This volume will be used as boot and most data like games, some video
    > editing etc.
    >
    > Question: Anyone had problems with this (Except HD failure)?
    > Can the RAID support volumes? i.e. I do not want a 240GB C:. Would
    > rather have a 40GB C and the rest as D:
    > Is this supported?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Crispin

    Guys, another question.

    I bought 2X200G Maxtor SATA drives.
    Put them into my machine and set them up as RAID0 using the onboard
    controller.
    While the reinstall of windows seemed a bit faster, benchmarking the
    drives does not produced higher results.
    The app (HDTach) said 115MB/s while the theoretical value for a single
    SATA is 150MB/s.

    I used a 32k stripe size for the array.

    Anyone else experienced this? Not much gained. Even "normal" working
    seems the same.

    Cheers,
    Crispin

Asus NAS / RAID SATA Motherboards