CD RW not recognized after XP SP2

I have one regular CD Drive and one CD-RW drive. I used
the CD-RW to back up some of my data before installing
SP2, so I'm sure they were both fine and functioning
before SP2. The Regular CD is still functioning fine, but
XP is not recognizing the CD-RW at all. It is on the XP
hardware compatibility list, and recognized in the startup
BIOS. I've removed CD burning software, removed the
Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values from the registry,
uninstalled both CD drives from device manager, and
rebooted dozens of times. XP still doesn't recognize the
CD-RW drive and now I'm getting an error in event viewer
of Event ID:7026 The following boot-start or system-start
driver failed to load: cdudf_XP. I've been reading
through the newsgroups and while I see a lot of problems
relating to SP2 and CD drives, none like this one. Any
ideas?

Joyce

Danged, this is hurting me also. I cannot figure out what is going on. I am
a disabled vet and bought a Dell Photo rigged computer and this has been the
bane of my life. It is driving me up a flipping wall. Reckon if we go back
and restore to a couple of months ago it will start up again and then we can
go slowly along and see where it breaks back out again.
thecowboyace@yahoo.com
Please email me if you find something out and I will do the same!

"Joyce" wrote:
> I have one regular CD Drive and one CD-RW drive. I used
> the CD-RW to back up some of my data before installing
> SP2, so I’m sure they were both fine and functioning
> before SP2. The Regular CD is still functioning fine, but
> XP is not recognizing the CD-RW at all. It is on the XP
> hardware compatibility list, and recognized in the startup
> BIOS. I’ve removed CD burning software, removed the
> Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values from the registry,
> uninstalled both CD drives from device manager, and
> rebooted dozens of times. XP still doesn’t recognize the
> CD-RW drive and now I’m getting an error in event viewer
> of Event ID:7026 The following boot-start or system-start
> driver failed to load: cdudf_XP. I’ve been reading
> through the newsgroups and while I see a lot of problems
> relating to SP2 and CD drives, none like this one. Any
> ideas?
>
> Joyce

cdudf_XP is associated with packet wriing software such as InCD. You
may find that there is a later version of your packet writing
software, or a patch, available from your cd writing software vendor.

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Hardware-CD-RW-recognized-XP-SP2-ftopict178289.html

"Cliff Gh" wrote:
> Danged, this is hurting me also. I cannot figure out what is
> going on. I am
> a disabled vet and bought a Dell Photo rigged computer and
> this has been the
> bane of my life. It is driving me up a flipping wall. Reckon
> if we go back
> and restore to a couple of months ago it will start up again
> and then we can
> go slowly along and see where it breaks back out again.
> thecowboyace@yahoo.com
> Please email me if you find something out and I will do the
> same!
>
> "Joyce" wrote:
>
> > I have one regular CD Drive and one CD-RW drive. I used
> > the CD-RW to back up some of my data before installing
> > SP2, so I’m sure they were both fine and functioning
> > before SP2. The Regular CD is still functioning fine, but
> > XP is not recognizing the CD-RW at all. It is on the XP
> > hardware compatibility list, and recognized in the startup
> > BIOS. I’ve removed CD burning software, removed the
> > Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values from the registry,
> > uninstalled both CD drives from device manager, and
> > rebooted dozens of times. XP still doesn’t recognize the
> > CD-RW drive and now I’m getting an error in event viewer
> > of Event ID:7026 The following boot-start or system-start
> > driver failed to load: cdudf_XP. I’ve been reading
> > through the newsgroups and while I see a lot of problems
> > relating to SP2 and CD drives, none like this one. Any
> > ideas?
> >
> > Joyce

If XP is recognising the drive in Windows Explorer, but not the cd
content, then my guess about the problem being to do with the packet
writing software is probably the right one. If the CD-RW was written
using packet writing software such as InCD, then you won’t be able to
read it until the software is loaded. If it was written using
conventional cd writing software such as Nero then you should be able
to read it directly from Windows Explorer.

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Hardware-CD-RW-recognized-XP-SP2-ftopict178289.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/eform.php?p=522588