Lg 4120B D/L Help required

Jill

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2003

Hi
I need some help with a LG 4120 I just bought
I replaced my Liteon with it & just tried my first test burn -- , some
files to be burnt on a CD-RW
I'm using Nero 5.5.10
Trouble is in the part where Nero asks which recorder would you like to
use
It only gives "Image recorder DVD or Image recorder CD-R/RW" that's all .so
when I start to burn it asks me where to SAVE the image file ,all I want
to do is burn the CD not save an image ..[I have tried saving the Image
then burning the image ,with no luck]
The LG jumpers are set as the same as the liteon were [middle pins]
Slave settings
The other drive is a Hitachi DVD player [only]
I have been through all the Nero settings & cannot get it any different
help needed please
TIA

"Jill" <jps@set.com> wrote in message news:4143ae64@news.comindico.com.au...
> Hi
> I need some help with a LG 4120 I just bought
> I replaced my Liteon with it & just tried my first test burn -- , some
> files to be burnt on a CD-RW
> I'm using Nero 5.5.10
> Trouble is in the part where Nero asks which recorder would you like
> use
> It only gives "Image recorder DVD or Image recorder CD-R/RW" that's all
..so
> when I start to burn it asks me where to SAVE the image file ,all I want
> to do is burn the CD not save an image ..[I have tried saving the Image
> then burning the image ,with no luck]
> The LG jumpers are set as the same as the liteon were [middle pins]
> Slave settings
> The other drive is a Hitachi DVD player [only]
> I have been through all the Nero settings & cannot get it any different
> help needed please
> TIA

Sounds like Nero's still looking for your old drive,
you didn't tell it you changed and it's confused.

Probably the most direct thing to do:

uninstall Nero
uninstall your new drive from Device Manager
reboot
install Nero again, making sure you have the latest version

"V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net> wrote in message

> "Jill" <jps@set.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> I need some help with a LG 4120 I just bought
>> I replaced my Liteon with it & just tried my first test burn -- ,
>> some
>> files to be burnt on a CD-RW
>> I'm using Nero 5.5.10
>> Trouble is in the part where Nero asks which recorder would you like
>> use
>> It only gives "Image recorder DVD or Image recorder CD-R/RW" that's all
> .so
>> when I start to burn it asks me where to SAVE the image file ,all I
>> want
>> to do is burn the CD not save an image ..[I have tried saving the
>> Image
>> then burning the image ,with no luck]
>> The LG jumpers are set as the same as the liteon were [middle pins]
>> Slave settings
>> The other drive is a Hitachi DVD player [only]
>> I have been through all the Nero settings & cannot get it any
>> different
>> help needed please
>> TIA
>>

> Sounds like Nero's still looking for your old drive,
> you didn't tell it you changed and it's confused.
>
> Probably the most direct thing to do:
>
> uninstall Nero
> uninstall your new drive from Device Manager
> reboot
> install Nero again, making sure you have the latest version

If that copy of Nero came with your first drive, it may not work with a
drive of another brand. If you got Nero with the new burner, install that
copy and you'll be fine.

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

just curious on how you went with getting nero to burn??

"D.Currie" wrote:

> "V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Jill" <jps@set.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi
> >> I need some help with a LG 4120 I just bought
> >> I replaced my Liteon with it & just tried my first test burn -- ,
> >> some
> >> files to be burnt on a CD-RW
> >> I'm using Nero 5.5.10
> >> Trouble is in the part where Nero asks which recorder would you like
> >> use
> >> It only gives "Image recorder DVD or Image recorder CD-R/RW" that's all
> > .so
> >> when I start to burn it asks me where to SAVE the image file ,all I
> >> want
> >> to do is burn the CD not save an image ..[I have tried saving the
> >> Image
> >> then burning the image ,with no luck]
> >> The LG jumpers are set as the same as the liteon were [middle pins]
> >> Slave settings
> >> The other drive is a Hitachi DVD player [only]
> >> I have been through all the Nero settings & cannot get it any
> >> different
> >> help needed please
> >> TIA
> >>

> > Sounds like Nero's still looking for your old drive,
> > you didn't tell it you changed and it's confused.
> >
> > Probably the most direct thing to do:
> >
> > uninstall Nero
> > uninstall your new drive from Device Manager
> > reboot
> > install Nero again, making sure you have the latest version
> >

> If that copy of Nero came with your first drive, it may not work with a
> drive of another brand. If you got Nero with the new burner, install that
> copy and you'll be fine.

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

hi im just curious on how it went did you get nero to burn right?